Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 12 March, 2010, 04:53:09 PM
If its not sarcasm then your statement is correct because philanthropy has a double meaning where these Globalist billionaires are concerned.

Well I'm no fan of Bill Gates, but he earned his dough the old-fashioned way (a bright idea and a ruthless business sense, rather than swindling it out of the rest of us as is the current fashion), and last I looked has given 30 billion to charity through a well-regarded foundation.  Nobody made him do it, and plenty don't, so despite cunning monopoly games an tax-dodges, he gets some merit badges from me.  Plus I loved Windows 3.1, that was a corker.

Mike Gloady

I think there's a facebook fan group for Windows 3.1 - very popular.  Mmmmmmm.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Peter Wolf

Quote from: TordelBack on 12 March, 2010, 05:32:27 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 12 March, 2010, 04:53:09 PM
If its not sarcasm then your statement is correct because philanthropy has a double meaning where these Globalist billionaires are concerned.

Well I'm no fan of Bill Gates, but he earned his dough the old-fashioned way (a bright idea and a ruthless business sense, rather than swindling it out of the rest of us as is the current fashion), and last I looked has given 30 billion to charity through a well-regarded foundation.  Nobody made him do it, and plenty don't, so despite cunning monopoly games an tax-dodges, he gets some merit badges from me.  Plus I loved Windows 3.1, that was a corker.

Are you talking about the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation ?

:lol: :lol:

You havent done your research.Bill Gates is an avowed Eugenicist and the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation gave 30 billion to a Racist eugenics organisation called Planned Parenthood.Planned Parenthood was established by Margaret Sanger and IIRC Bill Gates father was also part of Planned Parenthood as well.Africans are more often than not on the receiving end of Bill Gates philanthropy - translate to population reduction.

Google Bill Gates/Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation - Eugenics.There is plenty of information available.

I find it to be distasteful in the extreme so i will NEVER buy Microsoft products EVER.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

vzzbux

Windows 3.1? I can remember 'Word Perfect', just.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Mike Gloady

WordPerfect was, well, perfect.  Until I used the new improved MS Word which was perfecter.  But it took SOOOOO long.  Now, Lotus 123, THAT was the white heat of tech.....  Halcyon days.....

Life spugs because I just signed up for Twitter and I don't know why....  Naturally I'm following Stephen Fry, can't wait to hear about his poos.  No idea WHY I've done it.  Just have.  Very odd.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 12 March, 2010, 05:52:39 PMa Racist eugenics organisation called Planned Parenthood.Planned Parenthood was established by Margaret Sanger and IIRC Bill Gates father was also part of Planned Parenthood as well.Africans are more often than not on the receiving end of Bill Gates philanthropy - translate to population reduction.

Bollocks, I'm not having that. Contraception and AIDS prevention are a million miles from Eugenics. The original founder of planned parenthood may have supported dodgy eugenics theories in the 1920s (as did a lot of people), but the work it does has empowered millions of women ever since. Without control over conception, billions of women around the  world have no control over their lives. And when myths abound that sex with a virgin will cure AIDS, or when actual government ministers espouse herbal remedies and fucking massages as a cure for AIDS, proper education about condoms is invaluable.

Yes, Africans are more often "on the receiving end". That'll be the poverty, starvation and  AIDS then. Western nations, with falling birthrates and whizz-bang health systems, tend not to need such assistance.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Dandontdare on 12 March, 2010, 07:55:02 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 12 March, 2010, 05:52:39 PMa Racist eugenics organisation called Planned Parenthood.Planned Parenthood was established by Margaret Sanger and IIRC Bill Gates father was also part of Planned Parenthood as well.Africans are more often than not on the receiving end of Bill Gates philanthropy - translate to population reduction.

Bollocks, I'm not having that. Contraception and AIDS prevention are a million miles from Eugenics. The original founder of planned parenthood may have supported dodgy eugenics theories in the 1920s (as did a lot of people), but the work it does has empowered millions of women ever since. Without control over conception, billions of women around the  world have no control over their lives. And when myths abound that sex with a virgin will cure AIDS, or when actual government ministers espouse herbal remedies and fucking massages as a cure for AIDS, proper education about condoms is invaluable.

Yes, Africans are more often "on the receiving end". That'll be the poverty, starvation and  AIDS then. Western nations, with falling birthrates and whizz-bang health systems, tend not to need such assistance.

Maybe i wasnt being specific enough for you but its obvious that i wouldnt be sitting here typing words to the effect of contraception that empowers women is wrong as what i am talking about is additional to traditional methods of contraception and sex education.There isnt anything unacceptable about that and it doesnt strictly fall under the remit of eugenics mostly because the women are empowered as you say because choice is involved.Alternatively birth control is the *acceptable thin* end of the wedge of eugenics.If Planned Parenthood have done valueable work then i am not negating that.

Anyway i am not here to argue with you about it so look it up yourself or dont but how ironic is it that Bill and Melinda Gates give cash to an organisation called The Alliance For A Green Revolution In Africa [AGRA][Rockefeller] that will open up Africa to exploitation by Monsanto as they spread their GMO seeds all over Africa.Very nice....

This is just one example and i have indepth knowledge of the subject but this isnt the place to expand upon it.

TordelBack

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 12 March, 2010, 10:14:41 PM
Anyway i am not here to argue with you about it so look it up yourself or dont but how ironic is it that Bill and Melinda Gates give cash to an organisation called The Alliance For A Green Revolution In Africa [AGRA][Rockefeller] that will open up Africa to exploitation by Monsanto as they spread their GMO seeds all over Africa.Very nice....

This is just one example and i have indepth knowledge of the subject but this isnt the place to expand upon it.

Nah, go on, it's the 'Life Spugs' thread, let 'er rip.  I know bugger-all about the Gates Foundation, beyond the fact that amongst  the charity circles in which I've had occasion to move its policy of transparent accounting and funding criteria are a cause of pure terror.  Also, a billionaire giving away his fortune is not an everyday event.

Coming from an Irish background where the first condom I ever saw was in a machine in a train station in Bournemouth when I was 19 while on route to shag my then-girlfriend (thank you Grud), college authorities were still seizing them from the Student's Union when I was 20, and my two best friends growing up came from families of 7 and 9 respectively, I'm favorably disposed to planned parenthood.  I'm also favourably disposed to the necessity of the Green Revolution which is not the same thing as patenetd GM crops.  So I could use some convincing.

Roger Godpleton

You should only post under the influence from now on.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 March, 2010, 01:04:02 AM

Nah, go on, it's the 'Life Spugs' thread, let 'er rip.  I know bugger-all about the Gates Foundation, beyond the fact that amongst  the charity circles in which I've had occasion to move its policy of transparent accounting and funding criteria are a cause of pure terror.  Also, a billionaire giving away his fortune is not an everyday event.

Coming from an Irish background where the first condom I ever saw was in a machine in a train station in Bournemouth when I was 19 while on route to shag my then-girlfriend (thank you Grud), college authorities were still seizing them from the Student's Union when I was 20, and my two best friends growing up came from families of 7 and 9 respectively, I'm favorably disposed to planned parenthood.  I'm also favourably disposed to the necessity of the Green Revolution which is not the same thing as patenetd GM crops.  So I could use some convincing.

What i find disturbing when i read up on all this stuff online is just how much Eugenics seems to be making a comeback and is being promulgated and repackaged and openly talked about on the world stage by all these billionaires like Gates and Ted Turner.They OPENLY talk about "population reduction" using the pretext of Enviromentalism.I have done a lot of reading up on all this stuff and its a very negative subject matter and whats more the same names and corporate foundations that are all Rockefeller affiliated does not make pleasent reading.

Of course there is a polarity with Eugenics between Positive Eugenics and Negative Eugenics and so there are obviously positive sides to it like screening out terminal or degenerative illnesses through genetics for example.This is not what i am talking about but i am talking specifically about Negative eugenics and that either if it is being practised or just reading about it can take you to some very dark places.

Like i said i am favorably disposed to contraception and a green revolution but i am not favorably disposed to AGRA or ANY of the activities of the likes of these narcissistic billionaires who have appointed themselves to preside over the planet.I know what these people are about.I spend hours reading up on it all because its my interest and i have been doing so for the last 10 years or actually to a lesser degree since 1995.

What is going on with the Bill Gates - Svalbard "Doomsday seed bank" ?

Who the fuck does this guy think he is ??

He cant even design decent secure stable software properly and there he is on the world stage backed by the likes of Warren Buffet and Ted Turner and Rockefellers with a solution for everything  it seems like he is going to save the planet.GTFO.In short i detest Bill Gates.He is a Hack who is not qualified to be presiding over vaccination programmes in Africa.He just annoys me intensely and i see right through his affable Geek exterior.Dont be fooled by it.

TordelBack

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 13 March, 2010, 01:42:49 AM
You should only post under the influence from now on.

I'll see what I can do. 

Peter Wolf

I was very slightly under the influence of alcohol but only very slightly.Perhaps i wouldnt have talked about that kind of subject matter otherwise.I was dreading some kind of backlash as well.

House of Usher

Oh Tordelback, I really wished you hadn't egged him on! After all, Peterwolf said it best himself here:

I really don't know what control over reproduction Bill Gates is promoting through his philanthropic donations, but anything short of sterilization is emphatically not eugenics. I have no problem at all with the promotion of condom use, especially in Africa where HIV infection is so common. Contraception is always controversial because it is generally the poorest and least well educated people of the world, and the poorest people in industrialized countries, who need to be given the most help to take control of their own reproductive capacities. Part of the problem for public relations is when those tasked with promoting contraception don't trust poor people to be reponsible enough to play an active part in controlling their own fertility, which leads social policy and health professionals to over-emphasize long-term fixes like implants and intra-uterine devices.

Did you see the most recent government information film in the UK? All it talks about is IUDs, implants and the pill, making contraception exclusively a woman's responsibility. Condoms are not mentioned once, except in the form of a bit of hard to read text at the end, and it implies that what condoms are for is prevented STIs, not babies. Where pills are mentioned, it's in the context of a lot of fiddling around having to do contraception every day - what a chore - so you'd be better of with something that lasts, and has to be administered by a health worker. "Contraception - you're just crap and useless, so get it done for you" seems to be the underlying message.
STRIKE !!!

TordelBack

Quote from: House of Usher on 13 March, 2010, 01:55:49 PM
Oh Tordelback, I really wished you hadn't egged him on! After all, Peterwolf said it best himself here:

Yes, sorry Usher and Peter, and all innocent passers-by, I do try to start the stupidest arguments while drunk - even more than when I'm sober.  Be glad you missed the heated debate I had earlier with some Welsh rugby fans over the etiquette of reading books in a pub...  

Let the scheduled spuggery resume!

Mike Gloady

Usher, I am in total agreement there.

Now, let's get the POPE to endorse condom use as much as Bill Gates does, eh?  Might even help stop all those Catholics in the developing world dying of AIDS, eh?

TordelBack: Just what IS the ettiquette of reading books in pubs, then?  It's something I'm reasonably fond of when the opportunity presents itself so I'd like to know.