Main Menu

Rogue Trooper News…!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 29 January, 2024, 02:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordmockingbird

Funny, I was gonna watch Duncan Jones' Source Code for the first time yesterday, but opted for Virgin Suicides which I'd also never seen.

Source code is about a soldier who wakes up in another mans body to do a mission.

Isn't that ..kind of.. similar to Rogue Trooper

Funt Solo

Quote from: sheridan on 29 January, 2024, 04:35:01 PMNow, what's the name of that giant tank in the teaser image?

They were called Blackmares - from Clash in Doomsday Valley (prog 231).
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

I mean now we have the cast out there all I want this film to be is Philomena Cunk interviewing Rogue asking

"So you shot lots of Norts. That's just another word for blanks isn't it?"

lordmockingbird

Cunk on Cursed Earth would be good all around

Colin YNWA

judgeurko

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 29 January, 2024, 02:39:59 PMWell this is going to set the board alight!

Did I miss something or is this the first time we've been told this is going to be animated?

Exciting that this one has sprung back to life.
Yes I always assumed it would be live action. Disappointed that this isn't going to be but interested to see what style they choose.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 29 January, 2024, 05:57:16 PMI mean now we have the cast out there all I want this film to be is Philomena Cunk interviewing Rogue

And miss out on Matt Berry as a biochip...? "This is Rogue — he's my best friend, he's my pal. He's my homeboy, my rotten soldier. He's my sweet cheese. My good-time boy." :)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: lordmockingbird on 29 January, 2024, 05:40:45 PMSource code is about a soldier who wakes up in another mans body to do a mission. Isn't that ..kind of.. similar to Rogue Trooper
The film is very different to that, but quite... 2000 AD in nature. To say anything further would spoil it. But I enjoyed that film a lot. I don't recall watching any more of his stuff (like Mute) after that though.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 29 January, 2024, 06:59:55 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 29 January, 2024, 05:57:16 PMI mean now we have the cast out there all I want this film to be is Philomena Cunk interviewing Rogue

And miss out on Matt Berry as a biochip...? "This is Rogue — he's my best friend, he's my pal. He's my homeboy, my rotten soldier. He's my sweet cheese. My good-time boy." :)

Ha!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Yes! Victory to Nordland! Any Live-Action would have busted the budget of even a large studio, so it is much wiser to go the animation route. The Unreal Engine looks realistic in its graphics, so this seems to be the right match for the subject matter.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

nxylas

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 29 January, 2024, 05:27:27 PMAttempting to do a computer animated feature, aimed at adults, using video game tech, on a modest budget... it could be an act of era-defining brilliance, as long as the quality is there.
Well, a Rogue Trooper movie is always going to have a more limited audience than a Spiderman movie, and the same thing applies whether the movie is live action or animated. But I don't think the Spider-verse movies are seen as lesser than the live action Spidey films in the same way that the animated DC movies are when compared to their live action counterparts.

As for the "aimed at adults" bit, I actually asked Duncan Jones on Twitter (as it then was) whether it was going to be  aimed at an adult audience, or whether he was going to keep it 12A in order to give it broader appeal. He replied that he honestly hadn't thought about it. He was leaning towards a more adult approach, but was aware that Dredd's 18 certificate had hurt it commercially.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Trooper McFad

[/quote]
Well, a Rogue Trooper movie is always going to have a more limited audience than a Spiderman movie, and the same thing applies whether the movie is live action or animated. But I don't think the Spider-verse movies are seen as lesser than the live action Spidey films in the same way that the animated DC movies are when compared to their live action counterparts.

[/quote]

I preferred a lot of Batman animated to the Batman live action ((Batman & Robin 😡) and really liked Batman Beyond (or "of the future" in the UK)
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Link Prime

Time to cash in the crypto and hoover up those Prog 228's in CGC 9.8 condition.
Or at least wipe the mildew from the spine of your 1991 annual before flogging it on Ebay...

Have to admit,exciting news.

judgeurko

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 29 January, 2024, 06:59:55 PM

He's not a biochip, well not one of the main ones. Jack Lowden is GUNNAR. Daryl McCormack is HELM. Reece Shearsmith is Bagman.

nxylas

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 29 January, 2024, 09:24:47 PMI preferred a lot of Batman animated to the Batman live action ((Batman & Robin 😡) and really liked Batman Beyond (or "of the future" in the UK)
I didn't mean lesser in quality, I loved Mask of the Phantasm as much as anybody, but the audience was more niche, and none of these movies were box office smashes like Across the Spider-verse. Most of them never even got a theatrical release.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!