Main Menu

2000 AD FCBD issues Destroyed/Delayed due to truck accident

Started by The Adventurer, 02 May, 2012, 08:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Adventurer

My local shop owner informed of this yesterday...

QuoteAs we mentioned earlier this week in the New Comics post, last week there was a tragic traffic accident involving a Diamond Comics Distributors delivery truck. This is causing some books to not show up in certain regions of the country.

Here's the official statement from Diamond:

QuoteOn April 21 at approximately 3:30 a.m., a Diamond truck was involved in a horrible head-on collision caused by a car driving in the wrong direction on Interstate 71. The driver of the car died at the scene, while the two drivers of the truck sustained non-life-threatening injuries.

Please be aware that, due to this tragic accident, a number of titles and items that were on the truck and scheduled to arrive for sale on May 2 will be unavoidably delayed.

These items –- including new product, reorders, and Free Comic Book Day titles — are now scheduled to arrive in stores with an on-sale date of MAY 9.

A partial list of the affected product, grouped by New Product and Reorders, and alphabetized by description, is given below:

AVENGERS X-SANCTION HC
    BELA LUGOSI TALES FROM GRAVE #2 (RES)
    DANGER CLUB #1 VAR CVR 2ND PTG
    DC UNIVERSE LEGACIES TP
    FANBOYS VS ZOMBIES #2 MAIN CVRS
    FCBD 2012 2000 AD JUDGE DREDD SPEC (NET)
    FURY MAX #1 (MR)
    GARFIELD #1
    MARVELS THE AVENGERS AVENGERS INITIATIVE
    MIND THE GAP #1 CVR A
    MIND THE GAP #1 CVR B
    MIND THE GAP #1 SHARED EXC CVR
    RICH JOHNSTONS THE AVENGEFULS #1
    SPAWN #219
    STAR TREK ONGOING #8
    X-O MANOWAR (ONGOING) #1 20 COPY INCV AJA CVR (NET)

Something similar happened back in January of 2010.

So if you live in the affected regions (at this point we know it's definitely effected parts of the northeast) then hang tight. Your books should arrive next week. And remember, having to wait an extra week for some of your comics pales in comparison to what the families of the victims of the accident are going through.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

JOE SOAP

No trucks were involved in the delivering of my DIGITAL DOWNLOAD.

COMMANDO FORCES

Thank the Lord I got all my copies ages ago! Perhaps 2000AD should have been saying "THEY WON'T BE HERE!"

Evil Pants

Just found out that my shop won't be getting this at all. Sigh...
My opinions on comics can be found here: http://fourcoloursandthetruth.wordpress.com/

Webcomics, as written by me, can be found here: http://condoofmystery.com/