Main Menu

Red Seas, Plageristic Rubbish!

Started by paulvonscott, 10 December, 2004, 04:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

I had been enjoying it, till the start of this weeks episode.

Short Woman:  What manner of man ARE you?

As we all know, Ranulf says that when he first encounters Hawk, the (better than Lord of the Rings) film, Hawk the Slayer.

And thus, the House of Cards that was Red Seas, falls down.

Yours, Chief Hawkite of the Hawk the Slayer Appreciation Society

Paul

p.s. Drogggggoooooooooooh!

Jared Katooie

Bico

lisataylor

Why is it that Gordon Rennie can be praised for his Oh so clever nods to cult Tv series and film references in Cabbalistics Inc (which Ive never spotted by the way), and yet when Ian Edgington tries it its dismissed as Plagerstic rubbish?!

I think someones missed the point somewhat!

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

Bad Andy

I think it might be you. Isn't PVS having a laugh and embracing his love of Hawk the Slayer?

Incidentally - Hawk the Slayer's rubbish, but I'm prepared to give Krull a try and see how we go on from there.

Cthulouis

Oh, yeah, because "What manner of man ARE you?" is such an origional line, an hasn't been used in just about every cory oldy worldy thingy ever.

I once punched a guy for saying Hawk the slayer was rubbish, but what i should have done was said, "Dad, your right,..."

Satanist

Babylon 5's a big pile of shit!

Sorry I thought this was the Spaced thread
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Dudley

How does quoting Hawk The Slayer make Red Seas worse?

paulvonscott

Pah!  By the holy vat of Turkish Delight, some of you slugs wouldn't have even heard of lord Hawk if it wasn't for Spaced.

He shouldn't have said 'Dad, you're right by the way'  He should just have punched him again, or maybe ran him through with a replica Elfen Mindsword.

Cheers

Paul

p.s. Krullites are thickies

p.p.s. ""Oh, yeah, because "What manner of man ARE you?" is such an origional line, an hasn't been used in just about every cory oldy worldy thingy ever.""  Yes, some sense at least.  You're right it hasn't!  Or is someone missing the point somewhat?

Cthulouis

arrrgh! now im not sure whats serious and whats not! its a good line thats set to stand the test of ages. but then again, im a larper, so cheesy old lines are good in my opinion

paulvonscott

I suspect that you know the line from the fact that many larpers are probably devotees of the cult of Hawk.  If you can prove it's from somewhere else, then by all means do.

Cheers

Paul

p.s. (Sword and the) Sorcerites are bigger thickies than Krullites!

Bad Andy

Smiley

What manner of man are you, that can summon up fire without flint or tinder? rings a bell.

(N.B. Anyone wondering why Paul's rampant fundamentalism has yet to include fans of Sword Of The Valiant? That's because there aren't any.)

Wils

"What manner of man are you that can summon up fire without flint or tinder?"

"I... am an enchanter."

"By what name are you known?"

"There are some who call me... Tim?"