Main Menu

Doomlord

Started by Byron Virgo, 01 June, 2005, 10:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byron Virgo

Doomlord review now up at 2000AD Review:

Link: http://www.2000adreview.co.uk/reviews/extra/2005/misc/doomlord/doomlord.shtml" target="_blank">An Alien Stalks The Earth

paulvonscott

I enjoyed that tremendously, cheers.

paulvonscott

I should just add that I expect to hear of more classic reprints of beloved characters from various sources in the not too distant future.  

It's gonna be great!

maryanddavid

cheers byron, for what i can only say is the best review ive ever read:)
with this review and the article in this months CI,things are starting to roll, it available in sub city in galway, and should be in sub city in dublin by the weekend. im also aiming to get it into comic shop around the uk in the next week or so.
if you cant wait that long to get a copy, you can still get them from myself, or by paypal from paul at the solar wind website.(shameless pimping over!)

cheers for the support.
the next volume is pencilled in for before christmas, and maybe a different title somewhere in between.

david

ARRISARRIS

...i personaly cant wait to see the Eric Bradbury illustrated stories givern the same treatment as this first volume, its his art i can remember most from this series, this was a mighty fine first volume and cheap to boot...

Pyroxian

My only minor and almost insignificant quibble with it is that I wished it had a printed spine, so I could stick it on my Bookshelf with all my other GN's.

Steve

Byron Virgo

Yeah, a printed spine would have neem nice (and certainly suited the formate well), but such things are an expensive luxury, and would almost certainly have dramatically increased the overall price.

Personally I'm happy enough to lose the spine and instead have a bumper crop of strips for a dirt cheap price: I'd reccomend everyone to buy a copy now, before they all sell out (which they certainly deserve to do).

maryanddavid

a spine would be nice, hopefully it will be on the next collection.
i have been toying with the idea of going with a format and paper quality akin to the meg ie same paper quality as the meg and a spine to boot,any thoughts?
david

Floyd-the-k

Nice review; I'd like to read that sometime. I'll put it on my 'one of these days' list.

Bolt-01

If your wallet can take the strain then go for it.

Bolt-01

The Amstor Computer

"i have been toying with the idea of going with a format and paper quality akin to the meg ie same paper quality as the meg and a spine to boot,any thoughts?"

A magazine-format collection like the Meg - with a spine - would be great, but...

...I'd stay away from the paper currently used in the Meg - IMO, it's very flimsy and it seems to crinkle up too often. The weight of paper you used for the first Doomlord collection was fine, so perhaps just a slightly higher-quality version of that?

Byron Virgo

I agree it would be nice to have things like a spine and improved paper stock, but not if it meant that the overall cost of the books was increased - I'm certainly well chuffed with it as it is.

Dudley

I'd prefer more strip to any format change.  Seems about perfect the way it is.

Byron Virgo

Indeed - I'm ashamed to say I concur.

Tweak72

blagh blagh spine would be nice blagh blagh bloody chuffed with mine anyway as its cool blagh blagh
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++