Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Satanist on 16 September, 2015, 12:29:56 PM
Yeah I'm really enjoying MGS even though most of my missions go as follows...

Spy on camp
work out plan
sneak in
get spotted by guards who sound alarm
KILL EVERYTHING THAT MOVES!!!

though when it all works out I do feel like a complete BOSS.

That sounds like most stealth games when I'm playing! I do like to try and nail a super sneaky run through, but on a first play through I find having plans going to pot and having to adapt is all part of the thrill. Always really appreciate when games give you that freedom. Insta-fail stealth just doesn't appeal as much.

I know guys who'll reload their checkpoint every time they get spotted, in pursuit of that perfect run first time, and that sounds hellish.

CheechFU

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 16 September, 2015, 02:39:35 PM
Quote from: Satanist on 16 September, 2015, 12:29:56 PM
Yeah I'm really enjoying MGS even though most of my missions go as follows...

Spy on camp
work out plan
sneak in
get spotted by guards who sound alarm
KILL EVERYTHING THAT MOVES!!!

though when it all works out I do feel like a complete BOSS.

That sounds like most stealth games when I'm playing! I do like to try and nail a super sneaky run through, but on a first play through I find having plans going to pot and having to adapt is all part of the thrill. Always really appreciate when games give you that freedom. Insta-fail stealth just doesn't appeal as much.

I know guys who'll reload their checkpoint every time they get spotted, in pursuit of that perfect run first time, and that sounds hellish.
It's quite a boring game with little variety or interesting things to do so far, certainly one of the less interesting open worlds

Richmond Clements

Never got into MGS. If I want to crouch behind a box for ten minutes, I can do that in real life, thanks!
I have recently discovered Neverwinter is free to play on Gold for the Xbox One. That's what I have been doing.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 18 September, 2015, 03:43:50 PM
Never got into MGS. If I want to crouch behind a box for ten minutes, I can do that in real life, thanks!
Bloody mods. Always boasting about their fully functioning knees.
We never really die.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: The Cosh on 18 September, 2015, 03:53:56 PM

Well, it was supposed to be a squat, but it took me ten minutes to get up...

Link Prime

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 18 September, 2015, 04:32:54 PM
Quote from: The Cosh on 18 September, 2015, 03:53:56 PM

Well, it was supposed to be a squat, but it took me ten minutes to get up...

SNNNAAAAAAAKE!

Goaty

I just decide to retry Dead Space 2 after long time as realise I hadn't finish it. And oh boy, that was awesome game and excellent graphic!!

ThryllSeekyr

2-3-5 days before I can play Mad Max again and possibly any other Steam game of the same complexity. Except for Elite Dangerous where I'm getting my ass kicked in the new Multiplayer-Mini-Game feature where you on team vs others. Not sure what happens there.

Had to remove Mad Max while still in the midst of playing it because the game kept shutting down on me earlier last morning and I was told that I need to verify game files to perhaps fix that. I can no longer find this feature on any of my Steam games. So, I'm reinstalling it now and my internet is so slow.

CheechFU

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 20 September, 2015, 05:25:48 PM
2-3-5 days before I can play Mad Max again and possibly any other Steam game of the same complexity. Except for Elite Dangerous where I'm getting my ass kicked in the new Multiplayer-Mini-Game feature where you on team vs others. Not sure what happens there.

Had to remove Mad Max while still in the midst of playing it because the game kept shutting down on me earlier last morning and I was told that I need to verify game files to perhaps fix that. I can no longer find this feature on any of my Steam games. So, I'm reinstalling it now and my internet is so slow.

ThryllSeekyr

Oh, I see....it's a little different now. Used to be able to find the option when right clicking on the games title.

ThryllSeekyr

Happened to me again this morning about six hours ago and then I verified the files following your instructions there. Yet it didn't seem like such big thing when I did this and I still wondered if it's not just developed a conflict with nVidia - Shadowplay. Which has just started doing this thing using my Life- Cam. I appear in my game videos if I point it at my head while playing. Never did this before, but it's what I wanted.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 22 September, 2015, 05:04:36 AM
Happened to me again this morning about six hours ago and then I verified the files following your instructions there. Yet it didn't seem like such big thing when I did this and I still wondered if it's not just developed a conflict with nVidia - Shadowplay. Which has just started doing this thing using my Life- Cam. I appear in my game videos if I point it at my head while playing. Never did this before, but it's what I wanted.

Sorry if that last part was hard to understand. What I wanted was......to see my face or entire head in a little box in any one corner of the screen while playing any game and while using Shadowplay to record the game.

Unfortunitely, as it comes out.......I only see a darkened box during my videos replays.

Mad Max still shuts it's self down at random times and only did this before as I only got as far as the loading screen before the title.

It may be a conflict with Shadowplay like I said before, or something lese. Will try stating the game without just o see and yes, I have verified files this time. Makes no difference.

ThryllSeekyr

Tried the game without Shadowplay and it did the same thing to me after only 10 minutes of game.

I was careful not to do anything significant in my game until I can record it again.

CheechFU

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 22 September, 2015, 10:01:11 AM
What I wanted was......to see my face or entire head in a little box in any one corner of the screen while playing any game
why would you want to look at your own face while playing video games

ThryllSeekyr

It kind of validates who's really playing while also making it obvious this could be doctored. If your techy enough.

Anyway, at the start of one of these videos, You can see a the monitor showing a exact duplicate of what's happening on the main screen. Before I realised what it was doing and turned it to face me....

In only the last video, you see my face in the others, it just blank squared that has been darkened.