Main Menu

The Thirteenth Floor / Eagle question

Started by repoman, 25 January, 2020, 07:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

repoman

Does anyone here know how long The Thirteenth Floor ran for in Eagle?  I know it wasn't in the final issue, but not sure what issue it last featured in.

Ta!

M.I.K.

Ran until issue no.258 in 1987, after which Max became the editor of Eagle for a while.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/eagle-258/4000-302054/

It returned in later issues but only as reprints.

repoman

Thanks, mate.

I bailed on Eagle and Scream pretty quickly back in the day.

Professor Bear

That's a shame, as Eagle wasn't great for the first couple of years until it started absorbing other titles.  I'm just a few issues shy of 258 in my Eagle read-through, and while I'll be sad to see it go, I have to admit the TF strip is running on fumes at the moment and it feels like "Ian Holland" has done all (t)he(y) can with the concept.

Max has been editor of Eagle for a while by this point, though - briefly replaced by "Minimax" when the Max character is portrayed as bonkers in Thirteenth Floor episodes running in those issues.  If Max and Minimax are separate characters, it does beg some questions about the ending of Rebellion's recent Thirteenth Floor special.

M.I.K.

Quote from: Professor Bear on 25 January, 2020, 03:35:10 PM
Max has been editor of Eagle for a while by this point, though - briefly replaced by "Minimax" when the Max character is portrayed as bonkers in Thirteenth Floor episodes running in those issues.  If Max and Minimax are separate characters, it does beg some questions about the ending of Rebellion's recent Thirteenth Floor special.

Ah, that's right. I now recall that he became editor when Eagle merged with Tiger. So that'd be 1985. He must have just been editing from Maxwell Tower prior to 1987.

I don't think that's [spoiler]Minimax[/spoiler] at the end of the 2019 special, though. I think it's supposed to indicate that Max is [spoiler]now on the Internet.[/spoiler]