Main Menu

Interest Thread: Judge Dredd helmet badges

Started by Wake, 29 March, 2007, 08:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake

I would like my planned Judge Dredd comic helmet to have a gold-plated metal respirator badge made by the same company I used for the Dredd badges rather than having to use a painted resin version. In order to make this a viable option I need to presell a significant number of helmet badges by themselves since I am unlikely to sell enough helmets to justify the badge production costs.

If you would like to buy a gold-plated helmet badge with 4 vertical bars (approx dimensions 85mm x 77mm x 5mm) with three butterfly clutches on the back please send £10 via PayPal to wake at 2000ad.nu. This preorder price includes uninsured postage worldwide. For overseas insurance (including Europe) please send £14.

http://www.termight.co.uk/images/helmetbadge.jpg">

I have 14 preorders so far. If I do not have at least 50 preorders by Easter then I'll refund all payments and have painted resin badges made for the helmets.

If you would prefer to pay by cheque please send my a PM for my address.

If you would like to pay a deposit for a Dredd helmet and have not plready done so, please send £20 via PayPal or cheque. The sale price of the Dredd helmets will probably be £180 plus postage. Hopefully I'll have a progress update on the helmet itself very soon.

Cheers,

Wake

P.S. You can see the quality of the gold-plating for the Dredd badge in this photo of it flanked by two SD Studios badges.

http://www.termight.co.uk/images/3badges4.jpg">

Buddy

Ohh, that reminds me.

Any Dredd badges left?

Wils

a gold-plated helmet badge with 4 vertical bars

[SPUTTER] Heresy!

;)

Wake

Even Carlos drew 4 bars for a while on his way from 5 to 3.

And yes, there are still Dredd badges left but when they're gone I probably won't be having any more made.

Cheers,

Wakehttp://www.2000adonline.com/covers/2000ad/hires/669.jpg">

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney

Wake

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney

The Enigmatic Dr X

Don't mess with Wake!

Will there be badges with our own names on?
Lock up your spoons!

ThryllSeekyr

A head badge, where would you put it without a hat or helmet.

Has't Termight Replicas done the Judge Helmet with Badge already attached.

Of cours, the trinket your selling here is still a worthy assessory even if you only want to mount it on a plaque and put it on the wall.

ThryllSeekyr

It's great work I have seen on the shoulder pads.

They look identical to what is placed on a Judges shoulders in the comic and not what had been used in the Dredd film.

Though I'm not sure what the real shoulder pads were actualley meant to be made out of.

Gold would look better, though I think the soft metal wouldn't be feasible as amrour. ( Should it be bronze.) Perhaps some material thats abit goldlike in appaerance and yet of the same rubbery fibre that many grid - iron players use.

I woinder what a coat of gold paint would do for those shoulder pads. I guess it may not look right.