Main Menu

Judge Dredd helmet

Started by Wake, 15 May, 2007, 11:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake

The vision in this helmet is a lot better than I remember of the one I wore at DreddCon:1. You don't notice the nosepiece much and while I'm not saying I think helmets should be designed this way, I think that there probably would be enough vision for an actor to cope.

Link: http://www.2000ad.nu/termight/conventions.html" target="_blank">DreddCon:1 photos

ThryllSeekyr

I gotta say I like old skool Dredd uniforms such as what Wake is seen to be wearing at this Dredd Conn, rather than some of the others I have seen includng the S.Stallone version.

Athough I was never really sure if the badge, belt buckle, shoulder pads should be solid gold or just yellow.

Though the idea of solid gold works in theory. It just doesn't look as good as the bright yellow.http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e171/Solasau/judgeoutfitfront.jpg">

Robin Low

"I gotta say I like old skool Dredd uniforms such as what Wake is seen to be wearing at this Dredd Conn, rather than some of the others I have seen includng the S.Stallone version."

I've always thought that the uniforms were one of the things the movie got absolutely right. They might not be absolutely true to the comic, but they look reasonably practical and realistic. In reality, I think the bulk and shape of the shoulder pads would be too restrictive, but the rest of it is a convincing and practical uniform.

Regards

Robin

Mangamax

Yellow for me.
Gold just doesn't look right in reality, even if it was dulled right down.
Dirtied up a tad, yellows not too garish: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/Mangamax/P4150088.jpg">
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Mr C

Looking at that movie costume, it's improved no end by the absence of the codpiece.

judge macbrayne

wake why didnt you have a side view of the helmet with  your mate

Buddy

Wake, picked up the badge the other day  and what can I say.

Excuse my french but it's fucking fantastic.

Thank you very, very much.

If I had the cash available for the helmet I'd get one too.

Here's a thought, any chance of doing a miniture (say 1/4 size) version like the NFL do for American Football teams?

I'd buy one of those.

Thanks again for the badge, Rebellion should buy up a crate load to give away for letter of the month or whatever...

Just goes to show that fans should have an input in merchandise rather than marketing agencies, we know what we want and don't need any demographics to tell us what we need.

Buddy

Wake

I certainly don't expect to be producing scaled helmets, though it's always possible that First4Figures might. They were suggested to me before but if I was making them I'd either have to gamble that I could sell a lot (as I did with the Dredd badge) or price them high to cover the costs of being handmade and I doubt I'd get many buyers for a minature helmet if it still cost £60-£100.

I did take a couple of photos of my friend looking slightly to the left or right but none side on. I didn't want to delay our Cthulhu game too long.

Cheers,

Wake

Dunk!

Great idea Uncle Umpty

I'd be interested in a 1/4th scale Dredd Helmet. The full size one seems to capture the Dredd spirit really well, whereas the Dredd statues so far haven't done it for me. Just don't want a full size helmet on my shelves.
"Trust we"

Buddy

The NFL scale helmets go for about £20 each, but they are mass produced.

And agreed £60 for a scale helmet is just too much.

Wils

If a range of helmets were being made, I think scaled down would be the way to go, but I'll be perfectly happy to have a full sized street judge helmet on display in the sitting room (I've even found somewhere that sells decent helmet stands). Won't be able to get a helmet until about November, though, so I hope they'll still be around then.