Main Menu

Bish-OP goes eBay crazy!

Started by davidbishop, 26 May, 2007, 01:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidbishop

As part of my post-TPO purge, I'm flogging all manner of stuff on eBay from today. Lots on offer include:-

â?¢251 issues of the MEGAZINE, including 5 copies of the first issue

â?¢all 63 issues of CRISIS, plus two specials

â?¢first 68 issues of 1980s EAGLE

â?¢all 36 pre-ban issues of ACTION, including #2 Hookjaw free gift transfer

â?¢Martin Barker's excellent book ACTION: The Story of a Violent Comic

â?¢all 23 issues of JUDGE DREDD: LAWMAN OF THE FUTURE

â?¢all 22 issues of STARLORD, plus summer special

â?¢all 22 issues of TORNADO

No reserves, just pure thrill-power at bargan basement starting prices.

Link: http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZsavage_amusementQQhtZ-1" target="_blank">Bish-OP goes eBay crazy

Wils

â?¢Martin Barker's excellent book ACTION: The Story of a Violent Comic

*Every* time over the last 10 years that this book rears it's head for sale I'm bloody skint. ARSES!

One day, I'll get it. One day...

opaque

[YT-2]

cunning highest bidder's ID kept private so we cant see who were bidding against.

VampiraJen

that always makes me a bit wary.  i  don't like to bid when you cant see who else is bidding.  you hear all these dodgy stories about ebay sellers.

not that i'm accussing the bishop of anything, mind

[YT-2]

im bidding for the Actions but expect to get left behind

paulvonscott

That's perhaps a good reason to have no ID showing on these auctions.  I want to bid for the Actions as well, but I don't really want to bid against people I know.

VampiraJen

fair enough point in a sitruation like this where a lot of people here know each other and it might make them feel uncomfortable 'fighting' over some old progs, but in general it makes me wary

paulvonscott

Yes, me too.  I don't normally bid on auctions with the ID's hidden.  And I always keep an eye out for any bids I think are suspicious.

I, Cosh

I believe EBay now automatically hides IDs when bids go over £100.
We never really die.

Floyd-the-k

is this the moment to point out that I'm selling the suggestively titled "Juicing for health"?

probably not.  Good luck with the auctions Mr B

Peter Wolf

I always wonder why they do that.   What is there to hide?        
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Peter Wolf

I would love to bid on the actions but i am not going to.          

How many of you are good at winning auctions?    How many do you lose?

I must admit i do snipe nearly always as i never bid until the last minute.    99 percent of the time i always win which must annoy the hell out of others and i do feel a bit guilty when i do it as well as it is very sneaky.

I dont bother with sniping software as i wouldnt trust it.      
                                I promise i wont go near the actions.

paulvonscott

Well, I think in all fairness to Bish-op, Peter, if there's something you want, then you should bid what you're willing to pay for it.

I shouldn't as I'm broke.  But I probably with have a stab at a couple of them.

Peter Wolf

I just cant afford to bid.     I just dont have ready cash               Its just like that at the moment.           They should a good buy as they arent common.   You never know with ebay             If ti is a set then i have never seen a set before.     I will watch them though,  but no bidding.