Main Menu

Games you may have missed (yes, it is a rip-off)

Started by davidjatt, 14 July, 2007, 01:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

I have just downloaded the 'Gunlok' demo.

It's looks interesting.

What progs was this game based on?

Something Fishy

Dungeon Keeper was good too, that was probably ten years afterDunegon Master though.

It was the first proper 3d dungeon crawler (though done with sprites not polygonal).

It was ace.   Here's a link i found about it.

http://dmweb.free.fr/

Noisybast

"Gunlok... What progs was this game based on?"

It wasn't.
I have to admit, after Wardog, I was cynically expecting another lame computer game tie-in, but it never happened.
Kudos to Rebellion for their restraint on that one.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Leigh S

Whatever happened to WarDog the game?

ThryllSeekyr

Stubbs the Zombie is another interesting where you get be the anti-hero.

When looking at this game, the first thing you may notice is the deliberately old fashioned showreel quality graphics bringing reminiscent of the fifties. Though in this game you'll learn this is set in a futuristic town with robots and flying cars based on fiftie culture in typically quaint and very maerican way.

I got the PC version, rather cheaply. You will needd a good graphic card just to make full use of the amount of detail that has gone into the graphics.

The rest is not reallly meant to be taken seriuosly. It's all in fun as you step into the rotting shoes of  zombie who's just surfaced in this town .

You job now is to bring evrybody down to your level.

At first you may notice that common known
Zombie lore has been complied with as you zombie scuffle around the place breaking into
a stiff legged run if need be. You have enhanced jump and enhanced strength which is shown when you can knock somebodies head off, rip off a arm,
rip theyre body in half, or break through a wooden door later in the game.

There is a speical brain eating attack that replenishs your Zombie's power ( Explained later.) and turns your victim into lesser version of yourself. A hapless, slow moving, brain eating zombie. Merely hitting another person until they're dead, does the same thing also, which I thought is starting to stretch the commmon known Zombie rule alittle. You could create a army of zombies this way and in the beginning levels of this game. This makes it quite easy to progress as you can just let them do the dirty work for you. Although, anybody with a good shotgun and alot of bullets can make short work of them. The Police swat and roit squad, army and Nieghobour hood militas can destroy all your hard work.

So as a speical Zombie, you have powers, fueled
by eating brains. Which makes sence in typical zombie fashion.

The farting power is quite funny and
oddly appropiate.

It's the Gut grenade, Detachable hand, Sputem Head that that I think breaking the Zombie lore as humerous as they.

Sadly, thats as interesting as the game gets.

The peopple whoi made thsi game should find the peopl that made that other online Zombie game that alot of people on this board were playing at one stage.

I bet they could make one hell of a game.

ThryllSeekyr

Stubbs the Zombie is another interesting where you get be the anti-hero.

When looking at this game, the first thing you may notice is the deliberately old fashioned showreel quality graphics bringing reminiscent of the fifties. Though in this game you'll learn this is set in a futuristic town with robots and flying cars based on fiftie culture in typically quaint and very maerican way.

I got the PC version, rather cheaply. You will needd a good graphic card just to make full use of the amount of detail that has gone into the graphics.

The rest is not reallly meant to be taken seriuosly. It's all in fun as you step into the rotting shoes of  zombie who's just surfaced in this town .

You job now is to bring evrybody down to your level.

At first you may notice that common known
Zombie lore has been complied with as you zombie scuffle around the place breaking into
a stiff legged run if need be. You have enhanced jump and enhanced strength which is shown when you can knock somebodies head off, rip off a arm,
rip theyre body in half, or break through a wooden door later in the game.

There is a speical brain eating attack that replenishs your Zombie's power ( Explained later.) and turns your victim into lesser version of yourself. A hapless, slow moving, brain eating zombie. Merely hitting another person until they're dead, does the same thing also, which I thought is starting to stretch the commmon known Zombie rule alittle. You could create a army of zombies this way and in the beginning levels of this game. This makes it quite easy to progress as you can just let them do the dirty work for you. Although, anybody with a good shotgun and alot of bullets can make short work of them. The Police swat and roit squad, army and Nieghobour hood militas can destroy all your hard work.

So as a speical Zombie, you have powers, fueled
by eating brains. Which makes sence in typical zombie fashion.

The farting power is quite funny and
oddly appropiate.

It's the Gut grenade, Detachable hand, Sputem Head that that I think breaking the Zombie lore as humerous as they.

Sadly, thats as interesting as the game gets.

The peopple whoi made thsi game should find the peopl that made that other online Zombie game that alot of people on this board were playing at one stage.

I bet they could make one hell of a game.