Main Menu

Prog 1550 - 200AD: In a World of its own

Started by ming, 11 August, 2007, 09:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

::"The Dead Man intrigued only because it was obvious who he was"

Oh, catch yourself on!  So, you knew all along who it was, right?  Aye, it's easy to say that after the fact.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Richmond Clements

Eric Plumrose

>> Oh, catch yourself on! So, you knew all along who it was, right? Aye, it's easy to say that after the fact.

I'm still amazed people simply didn't guess. It's all there in the first episode. It's set in the Cursed Earth. The main character is described as a man of violence. A man of violence that not only has a distinctive jawline but also whose eyes have the same square pupils as Dredd does in 'Hitman'.

Hmm . . .
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Robin Low

::"The Dead Man intrigued only because it was obvious who he was"::

"Oh, catch yourself on! So, you knew all along who it was, right? Aye, it's easy to say that after the fact."

Actually, I twigged fairly early on, too. The square irises we seen in episode one hint that his eyes are artificial. In episode two we discover his body is covered with bullet scars. Episode four we see him fight and shoot - I think that was the clincher, for me. And the whole thing is set in the Cursed Earth.

You're right, it is easier with hindsight, but the clues were there from the start.

Regards

Robin

Leigh S

I didnt cotton on myself.  That said I was at college at the time, and some prog reading bleeder worked it out before me, so I didnt have the satisfaction of working it out, or the shock of the reveal - damn you!

Eric Plumrose

>> The square irises we seen in episode one hint that his eyes are artificial.

Irises. Not pupils, of course. Ron Smith drew Dredd's articifical peepers as a normal pair of eyes in 'City of the Damned'; but it's Jim Baikie who first depicts 'em, albeit just the one visible eye, as being square in 'Hitman'.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Buddy

Nice Gibson Halo, would have like to see the original artists on the other star scans, Ewins/McCarthy on Kano (Rufus also does a good Kano) and Esquerra on Stronty Dog...

Robin Low

"Irises. Not pupils, of course. Ron Smith drew Dredd's articifical peepers as a normal pair of eyes in 'City of the Damned'; but it's Jim Baikie who first depicts 'em, albeit just the one visible eye, as being square in 'Hitman'."

Got to admit, I'd completely forgotten about both of those. I'd just spotted that they clearly weren't normal eyes - and squares just seemed innately artificial, rather than alien or mutie.

Regards

Robin

Floyd-the-k

I'd had The Dead Man spoiled for me by the time I read it, which was 2005.  I like to think I'd have spotted it, but I didn't spot Malone's identity

Pete Wells

Speaking of the Dead Man - look which piece original artwork I picked up from the post office today!

I'm absolutely thrilled to own this, a real historic cover. Woohoo!!!

http://www.comicartfans.com/Images/Category_7767/subcat_26399/deadman.jpg">

TordelBack

Pete Wells

I, Cosh

I'm with Dumblad block here: it was pretty obvious who The Dead Man was. Although that's about the only time I've ever been right about something like that.
We never really die.