Main Menu

San Diego Comic-Con 2008

Started by Mike Carroll, 10 July, 2008, 11:12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

We want cosplay stories and we want them now! :)
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

ukdane

What was the Rebellion stall like?
Any gossip?
What about the US Dredd deal, any more news on that?
Cheers

-Daney

TordelBack

All very well I'm sure, but did you get to Seaworld?

Mike Carroll

The Rebellion stall was tucked right next to the Titan stall, close to one of the entrances so there seemed to be quite a bit of passing trade. They were selling Graphic Novels and T-shirts - but no progs (it wouldn't have made sense to bring progs or megs: they'd have been way too heavy). From what I could tell it was manned by Jonathan and Keith for the whole of the con. I made several offers to fill in for a few minutes if they wanted to dash out for food, cups of tea or bathroom breaks, but either they have bladders the side of beachballs or they just didn't trust me. If the latter is the case, then shame on them! [gloat] After all, I am a published 2000 AD writer.[/gloat]

The con's Events Guide lists the stall and mentions that an exclusive Comic Con T-Shirt would be available, but Keith told me that it didn't happen in the end: the design didn't get approved in time.

By the last day it looked like they'd sold quite a lot of stock. The piles of Dredd GNs had certainly depleted quite a bit. And - here's where I'm still kicking myself - the huge vinyl 2000 AD banner was also up for grabs, at a mere $200 (which Jonathan informed me was a lot less than it had cost to produce). I was very, very tempted but finally decided against it - mostly because it would have been way too heavy to take home (our suitcases were already full). Now I wish I'd taken them up on it... I don't know whether it was sold in the end.

And no, we didn't go to Seaworld, but we did go to the famous San Diego Zoo, where - among other beasties - we saw baby pandas, Galapagos turtles, and an enormous black jaguar who was prowling his cage in a manner that suggested he really just wasn't in the mood for me to climb the fence and give him a cuddle.