Main Menu

Martech's Nemesis the Warlock

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 03 December, 2008, 03:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

I've download one of the better C64 emulators for free the other day.

Just to get a decent chance of playing the old Nemesis Game for that version.

One I boot up the emulation (CCS64 V3.4), I get that familar looking blue on blue screen.

Then I access the 'Load and Run Command from one of the top menu's.

I choose the one I have already downloaded for 'Nemesis the Warlock' from the menu.

The whole screen flashs with various bands of colour unitl the ';Remebr Logo apaers. This is merely the team of people who make these games playble on PC's.

I prompt the comptuer withthe space bar and get the scren filled with the Nemsis Back story and a option to skip thsi and start the game. Thsi is start white lettering on black screen.

I do this and then I get series of the other options. Like Infinite lives, power, magic, breath weapons, and ammo.

Finally I get this screen up

Which goes on playing Ron Hubbard's Nemsis Tme tune. it's pretty good.

If I prompt this screen using the space bar or enter key.

It goes to this one.

And that it.

it doesn't go no further.

Whether it's meant to do that. I'm not sure.

Though I was hoping I might get more of a full  game if I tried the Speccy Emulation for this.

So I downloaded and installed the Spectrum Emulation.

The Spectaculator 7.0.1.

The only thing is that I have had no luck finding a Spetrum Emulation for Nemesis.

It's hinted at and it's also one of the other platforms for this old game.

So there should be one.

I wondering if somebody could link me to one.

Make sure it's for the ZX Spectrum though.

I might also be interested in the Amstrad version as well.

Mind you the The C64 version has the best Graphics out of the other two.

M.I.K.

Bah. Copy and paste that url into your address bar. It won't work any other way.

Alternatively, have a trawl through the World Of Spectrum archives here...

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/archive.html

Wake

Bouwel

Hmm. I seem to remember having the Rogue Trooper game for the speccy. If I could be bothered it's probably somewhere in the lock-up with the old machine (I never throw anything away).
As I remember it was was hard and not very well executed. The only bit I can recall is wandering around a battle field with walls and encountering pill-boxes.

Now Alien Highway...that was where it was at :)

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

ThryllSeekyr

Wake said,

QuoteHere's a feature on 2000AD Spectrum games.

I know that page. But since the redesign of 2000AD online the emergence of your Barny site.

Nothing has been quite the same.

Harder to find.

M.I.K. said,

QuoteAlternatively, have a trawl through the World Of Spectrum archives here...

Found that page the other day and was reading through all the old computer game magazine archives.

I sed to collect quite few of those. Most of them have thrown out or have been damaged beyond repair and need throwing out anyway.

A legacy of my youth, a bad habit of mine for not looking after these rare magazines.

Of course I didn't bother to go back here to look.

Thanks all the same.

Bouwel said,

QuoteI seem to remember having the Rogue Trooper game for the speccy.

Yep, I think trremeber trying to play the emulation for that game in the past. It wasn't really working that well, wasn't sure what to make of it.

Out of tall those game, I have only evr got,

The Martech Slaine game working. However innovative it's is, I find it more annoying than notr to play even once I had worked out all the kdirection controls.

Just recently I was playing this game again and thinking the same thing.

Strontium Dog: The Killing.

Last time I played this it was hard see 'what was what' with the really blocky graphics. Working how to move the Johhny sprite was very hard to fathom. I don't know I might have another go.

Nemsis the Warlock by Martech. I have got past the title screen. As I said earlier.

I understad that there are two Judge Dredd games that are for those earlier computers. Not including 'Dredd vs Death'

The Melbourne House game. I was able get working just a few days ago.

The overhead map screen that reminded me of a the old c64 'Ghostbusters' game. So one should tell the graphics coder that those sky scrapers don't look like Mega City blocks. Just normal building they are. I didn't know what to do to start playing and couldn't figure out the keys either. The the game flashs the words 'Game Over' So what was all that about.

Anyway, for the stuff I needed to know.

I'll get back to it then.