Main Menu

EVIL DEAD TRILOGY Bruce Campbell

Started by Proudhuff, 12 January, 2009, 11:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

I know there are a few Zomfans on the board so if you fancy it....

Thursday 5 February, 6.15

The Cameo is delighted to announce that cult hero and star of the EVIL DEAD TRILOGY Bruce Campbell will be here in person for a Q&A following a screening of MY NAME IS BRUCE.

Stopping off in Edinburgh for one of only two UK appearances to promote the film, the man with a list of credits that includes CRIMEWAVE, MANIAC COP, BUBBA HO-TEP and guest roles in all three SPIDERMAN movies will be a very welcome guest.

Tickets will go on sale at 11.00am on Monday 12 January.

PLEASE NOTE: tickets for this event will not be available via our website. They will only be available in person at the Box Office of by phoning the booking line on 0871 704 2052.

Since there is already huge interest in this event, early booking is highly recommended.

That is all.
DDT did a job on me

Richmond Clements

I, Cosh

Why didn't I read this thread when I was at work today???!!!!
We never really die.

M.I.K.

How very strange. I'm not too far away from Edinburgh, just got back from there in fact, and last night I uploaded this to youtube...

//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDMzk5ZAXBY

Weird coincidence type thing.

jakeblues69

If I unzip and whip "it" out, will he autograph my boom stick?
I'm Dr. Rockso, the rock and roll clown. I do cocaine! My video was banned from music television, cause you could see my junk... through my jumpsuit!

ThryllSeekyr

Bruce Campell.

I found a thing on the web a few weeks ago adverting one of his latest films.

'They Call Me Bruce'

A film where he plays himself as a character mistaken for the action hero he often portrys in films. Like Evil Dead.
It soon bevcome enivitable that he has draw on his inner resources and actualely be the man alot of his fans think he is.

Thats just off the top of my head.

Sorry, I can't be bothered link right now.

BTW, The title of the film might be different, as the one above was also the name of a spoof on Bruce Lee.

ThryllSeekyr

Proudhuff announces.....

QuoteThe Cameo is delighted to announce that cult hero and star of the EVIL DEAD TRILOGY Bruce Campbell will be here in person for a Q&A following a screening of MY NAME IS BRUCE.

Sorry, I only read a few lines of your post before I replied above.

I was going to link the trailer weeks before when I watched it, but could be bothered back then I either.

TheEdge

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Where's his other appearance, please say londinium, i've just come back from glasgow and wont be back up in Feb to go to edinburgh.

I Love Bruce "Groovy" Campbell's movies.

Hail to the King baby.
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

zombieman

I got my tickets. My GF and I are really looking forward to this, we are both huge fans of The Chin. I might take my copy of Bubba Ho Tep, to see if I can it signed! :D

Proudhuff

The Cameos latest news....

''Huge demand resulted in the tickets for the screening of MY NAME IS BRUCE followed by the Bruce Campbell Q&A selling out in a Cameo record of 13 minutes.

To try to ease some of the disappointment felt by those who missed out on tickets, we have managed to arrange an additional screening of MY NAME IS BRUCE immediately following the sellout show. We are very hopeful that Bruce Campbell will remain after the Q&A to personally introduce this second screening.

The second screening will commence at 9.15pm

Tickets will go on sale at 11.00am on Monday 26 January.

PLEASE NOTE: tickets for this event will not be available via our website. They will only be available in person at the Box Office or by phoning the booking line on 0871 704 2052.''

let's be careful out there.
DDT did a job on me

Mardroid

I like Bruce Campbell.  I LOVE the Evil Dead films and Bubba Ho Tep. I even forked out* for the book of the dead editions last year.  Lovely (if gruesome) artwork inside.  I sold/gave away my original DVDs when I got them though. They didn't have any more goodies (although I liked the DVD animation on the original ED2 release.) and I tend not to collect just for collections sake. (For example when I bought the Alien Quadrilogy boxset I sold my Alien Legacy box.)

Being in Edinburgh, I won't be going to the signing though. If there is one in London.... maybe. Depending on ticket prices. I'm not really into autographs, but it would be a small buzz to have him sign my Books of the Dead.

As for My Name is Bruce, I've read bad things about it. I wouldn't mind viewing it though, judge it for myself.

*I say 'forked out', I got it for decent deal on e-bay actually.

TheEdge

Quote from: "Mardroid"I
Being in Edinburgh, I won't be going to the signing though. If there is one in London.... maybe. Depending on ticket prices.

A Night With Bruce Campbell in London (Q&A and preview of My name is Bruce)

Friday February 6, 2009 at 11:30pm
Curzon Soho

99 Shaftesbury Avenue
London, England W1D 5DY Get Directions
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

Mardroid

Hmmmm.

Thanks for that. More investigation methinks...

zombieman

Went to the Edinburgh screening last night. Bruce didn't do any signings, but he did do a hilarious Q&A session! :D