Main Menu

Hi everybody

Started by Jade Falcon, 11 April, 2009, 12:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Falcon

My names Douglas, I'm 38 living in Ayr in Scotland.  Mostly interested in sci-fi.  Comic wise the old Starblazers (not the anime style ones, the Commando style books), older 2000AD like The VC's, Flesh, Rogue Trooper, and a rather obscure comic strip called The Trigan Empire.

TV shows I like include Space:1999, Doctor Who, The IT Crowd, Red Dwarf, Life on Mars, Battlestar Galactica, Babylon 5, Spaced, etc.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

TordelBack

Mornin', and welcome.  I think you'll find The Trigan Empire is far from obscure around these parts!

Kerrin

Welcome to the board Douglas. You'll find plenty of like minded sci-fi nuts here.

Dandontdare

howdy and welcome. Clearly a man of good taste from those selections (though recent repeats of Space 1999 have been very dispapopoiinting. I know it was never Star Wars, but didn't realise just how crap it was! That Koenig's a right bastard, he makes some seriously questionable decisions!)

vzzbux

Hello and welcome.
Another old codger who can hijack the birthday prog thread.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Bouwel

-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Jade Falcon

Quote from: "TordelBack"Mornin', and welcome.  I think you'll find The Trigan Empire is far from obscure around these parts!

Good to hear, I used to think I was the only one who had ever heard about it.  

Dandondare.  It depends what series of Space:1999 is being repeated, series 2, the one with Maya is far inferior to Season 1.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

flip-r mk2

Welcome, Douglas, I'm 41 and from bonnybridge.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana .

flip
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Paul faplad Finch

Hello, welcome, G'day and things of that nature generally
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read