Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Something Fishy

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

Something Fishy

Hawkmumbler

Well even if the world is going to shit at least this last week has given me some positive assurance my life CAN get better. Besides now being employed the OU have accepted my application to study English Literature and Creative Writing Honours Degree starting in march. Really rather excited for this to say the least as i've felt like my educational life has been dead ever since leaving college. Hope at last!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 13 November, 2016, 10:12:40 AM
Well even if the world is going to shit at least this last week has given me some positive assurance my life CAN get better. Besides now being employed the OU have accepted my application to study English Literature and Creative Writing Honours Degree starting in march. Really rather excited for this to say the least as i've felt like my educational life has been dead ever since leaving college. Hope at last!

Good for you. Will look out for your name on the Best seller lists!
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Nice one, HM. Sounds like life is on the up for you.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

Thanks chaps! Aye, it feel's for once i've got the confidence to actively improve my life myself, which is no small mercy.

Rately

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 23 April, 2010, 11:06:18 PM
Right Guard Xtreme Fresh shower gel. The motherfucking KING of shower gels. I tried the menthol variety and it felt like I was bathing in the Trebor vats. IT IS FUCKING AWESOME. And [spoiler]under the hood?[/spoiler] Words are not nearly enough.

It's currently £1 in Superdrug. I shall be stocking the fuck up.

Roger!  :o

* Adds Superdrug to the lunchtime shopping trip *

Coming up to Four weeks in the new house, delighted with my developing study / man cave, the good lady loves her pantry, dogs love the lovely big garden and i have been forgiven for shoehorning a 43 inch Tv into a living room space fit for a much, much smaller TV.

Oh, and brilliant Atomic Collectibles in Belfast has a massive new selection of recent 2000AD at rock bottom prices!

Link Prime

Over a year ago I mentioned that my partner & I bought some land and were planning to build our new home on it.

Well- life is so Drokking fantastic because; The Dreaded Empire Wicklow County Council have just approved final planning permission (finally).
Whats more, our planning application has only cost €5000 (you hear horror stories of up to €20000 around these parts).

I'll admit that I would have liked to be further along the process than just the architect / planning approval stage after a 12 month slog, but it seems these things set their own pace.

It feels great now that we can finally get the ball rolling- I'm relishing the thought of living in one of the most beautiful spots on Earth- perhaps in another 12 months from now!

NB- I fully expect that my next post on the topic won't be in this thread.

TordelBack

You did well there, Link.  Wicklow Co Co are notorious for having the most difficult planning department, especially when it comes to all-new builds.  I don't think I've ever been involved in a Wicklow-based project that wasn't an uphill battle for the client: it's the only county where I've seen clients forced to demolish completed buildings because of lack of permission. 'Retention' is a dirty word there. 

I envy you greatly - it's the county I'd most like to live in, and the one I spend most of my leisure time in.  Whereabouts, if it's not too rude?

Something Fishy

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Link Prime on 14 November, 2016, 04:22:44 PM
Over a year ago I mentioned that my partner & I bought some land and were planning to build our new home on it.

Well- life is so Drokking fantastic because; The Dreaded Empire Wicklow County Council have just approved final planning permission (finally).
Whats more, our planning application has only cost €5000 (you hear horror stories of up to €20000 around these parts).

I'll admit that I would have liked to be further along the process than just the architect / planning approval stage after a 12 month slog, but it seems these things set their own pace.

It feels great now that we can finally get the ball rolling- I'm relishing the thought of living in one of the most beautiful spots on Earth- perhaps in another 12 months from now!

NB- I fully expect that my next post on the topic won't be in this thread.

Great stuff. It's a lovely county.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

maryanddavid

Yayyy!
Best of luck Link, building a house will wreck your head, but it will be the best thing you will eve do! Make sure you leave a little room somewhere for the comics!

Link Prime

Quote from: TordelBack on 14 November, 2016, 09:04:11 PM
Whereabouts, if it's not too rude?

Not at all- it's in the beautiful little hillside village of Lacken.
And you're not wrong about the planning topic- an acquaintance was forced to literally knock down her house due to a planning dispute.
The council then re-housed her and her two young children in a housing estate in a nearby town at their expense. You couldn't make it up.

Cheers guys- I know I've some of work, headaches and spoon licking ahead of me, but I'm feeling in the right frame of mind for the challenge- for the moment at least!

Chief concern is of course the construction of a powerful and fully operational Man-cave (code-name 'Guest Bedroom II').