Which style do you prefer?

Style A
9 (50%)
Style B
9 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: 07 May, 2010, 08:42:15 PM

vzzbux

A very hard choice but I am pushed towards B myself. Only just though.

VNP
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Christov

Quote from: Zarjazzer on 01 May, 2010, 11:07:11 AM
Style B for me,though I like them both in their own way. What clear, but descriptive writing you have Christov!

Even a non artist like me can "visualise" the page.

Cheers!

I'm actually rather surprised that people are taking an interest in this, but even more so by the idea of managing to get this bloody project off the ground at last.

Christov

Quick reminder folks, you've got until around 9PM to vote on this bugger if you fancy it. Get to it!

Lady Festina

OK, OK I'm still up watching the world go back to Ashes to Ashes.... I find it really difficult to choose because A has much more context than B which is more of a character sketch. Probably I'd opt for A, but I don't know much....

Lady Festina

PS. It's all happening on the politics thread. honest.

Colin MacNeil

I've gone for style A, as it's a satire/piss-take then a style too close to what's being satired may not make it clear it's a satire.
Spaceghost's sketch is lovely though, but my instinct is to go with Ryan. But, at the end of the day you have to go with your "gut feeling" too.

Cheers

Colin

Christov

The poll is closed ladies and gentlemen, thank you all for the continued cooperation.

The results are as follows;

Style A: 9 votes
Style B: 9 votes

Fucking hung parliament!

Dandontdare

Quote from: Christov on 07 May, 2010, 11:31:41 PM
The poll is closed ladies and gentlemen, thank you all for the continued cooperation.

The results are as follows;

Style A: 9 votes
Style B: 9 votes

Fucking hung parliament!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Heaven forbid that people should have to make a an actual decision...

Spaceghost

To further mirror the quagmire that is the general election, I propose a coalition between myself and Ryan.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Christov

Actually, that could work.

Alternatively, we could have the pair of you battle it out Gladiators style.

Ryan Thomason

I'm not sure if my gladiator costume is back from the cleaners yet, therefore I think my vote would have to be for some kind of joint effort as well.

Jared Katooie

Maybe the lead character could undergo some kind of massive head trauma, precipitating the sudden change in art style?

Christov

Could be Jared, could be.

It seems we're all agreed on cooperation, so I'll propose two options;

1. spaceghost does all the basic artwork duties (because his more realistic style can be used to heighten the more graphic aspects to insane proportions), while Ryan does the colouring and cleaning up (because he did such a good job of getting it right visually in his sample).

2. The first 'episode' has a narrative split between the 'present' for the character and the flashback to the incident that left him in that situation he finds himself in at the start. Basically, we use a different art style for each timeline, but this means we all need to come to agreements about the designs for certain characters to see if they'll fit with both styles. Bit more legwork involved in this one, but could be the most rewarding option.

What say you fellas?

Ryan Thomason

I'd probably have to go with plan 2 Christov, mainly because my digital colouring is completely shit and I've got nothing I can turn into a lightbox just now...

Christov

Righty! I'll have to sort out a brief of sorts tomorrow so we're all on the same page.

Regardless, we've got the ball rolling anyway.