Main Menu

Jake Bilbao Art

Started by jakebilbao, 25 June, 2010, 03:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakebilbao

hey guys, i just came across this board and i want to share some of my stuff here:

well since this is 2000 ad, i had to start this off with the judge:

i'll have to resize my other works so i can post them here as well. see you guys soon.

Bolt-01

mygrimmbrother

I like it, excellent line work.

johnnystress

Very nice; hints of Simon Fraser and perhaps early Kev Walker

Good drawing

and...gasp...you can see Dredds face!  :o

jakebilbao

Thanks bolt

anyway, here's more of my stuff:

Van Dom

Oooohhhh...Love that work Jake!
(are you looking for any comic scripts to work on!?!??)
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

jakebilbao

thanks guys! anyway, here's more:

jakebilbao

jakebilbao

Quote from: Van Dom on 25 June, 2010, 05:01:03 PM
Oooohhhh...Love that work Jake!
(are you looking for any comic scripts to work on!?!??)
thanks!

well, it depends.... if there's pay.....starving artist man, sorry....  :D

Dandontdare

That's some very nice stuff there. Seeing Dredd's eye like that just seems .... wrong, but I love those character designs.

Best of luck from going from 'starving artist' to 'wealthy in-demand artist' (and then to 'fanboy-derided sellout' of course  :D)

willthemightyW

That's all pretty good. I know 'pretty' doesn't sound like much of a compliment, but believe me, it's a big one, I'm just not good with...urm... words.
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Emperor

Ah yes I have stumbled across your Peacemakers character work elsewhere (CBR? Penciljacks?) and that is a unique take on Dredd - the eagle on the shoulder pad looks like it is going to take off, but I draw the line at being able to see Dredd's eye!! Smells of heresy ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

johnnystress

You should definitely try one of the sample scripts and submit to the house of Tharg

Jared Katooie

Agreed. There's some really good stuff there. Get to work on a sample script posthaste!

Van Dom

No reason for you to be a starving artist, with work like that!! Unfortunately I'm not the paying kind but like the guys above me said, you should be sending stuff to those who are! Pronto!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!