Main Menu

Chinese comics exhibition in Durham

Started by Emperor, 22 May, 2009, 03:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

If I was closer I'd be there like a flash (or even The Flash) - I remember reading a piece by Steve Moore on manhua in The Daredevils and was impressed back then:

QuoteBritain's first exhibition of Chinese comics is on display in Durham.

Manhua: China Comics Now provides an insight into 21st century China through contemporary comics and is being staged at Durham University's Oriental Museum in Elvet Hill, Durham City.

The exhibition, originally displayed at the London College of Communications, highlights the diversity of Chinese comics from the last 25 years and explores Manhua's roots.

A number of leading Manhua creators, from China and Britain, will visit the museum during the exhibition to discuss their work and lead master classes and workshops.

Museum curator Craig Barclay said: ''The artists featured in this exhibition are tackling subjects as diverse Shakespeare and the terrible earthquakes of 2008.'' The exhibition runs until September 27. The museum is open from 10am-5pm on weekdays and from noon- 5pm at weekends. Admission costs 1.50 for adults, 75p for five to 16-year-olds and over- 60s and free for under-fives and students.

http://www.durhamtimes.co.uk/news/43541 ... se_comics/
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

veramn

Thanks for your info. I'm crazy for Chinese and Japanese comics. It's amazing.