Main Menu

SPOILERS Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Started by Oddboy, 08 November, 2002, 03:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

Saw this last night (hooray! for my wife being a cinema manager!)

A much better film than the first one (although this is probably the weakest of the books)
Harry & Ron's voices are notably broken, but Ron still can't act and I still think Hermione is too pretty - wasn't she supposed to be a bit of a moose?
Some good special effects & brilliant acting by the adults in the cast
And it's got Moaning Murtle, brilliantly portrayed.

And I'd forgotten that Harry's uncle is Uncle Monty, that man really scares me

"I intend to have you, even if it must be by burglary" - Uncle Monty in 'Withnail & I'
Better set your phaser to stun.

Buddy

'Flowers are just prostitutes to the bees' Uncle Monty.

'Don't you threaten me with a dead fish!' - Withnail to poacher.

'GET IN THE BACK OF THE VAN!!' - copper.

'I have a heart condition, if you hit me it would be murder' - Withnail (again).

'"I fu@k arses". Who fu@cks arses, perhaps in a moment of drunken sincerity he wrote that on the wall, we are in great danger!' - Marwood reading writing scratched into a pub toilet wall.

Bloody fantastic.

Link: http://www.ximoc.co.uk" target="_blank">http://www.ximoc.co.uk

Matt

For more Withnail try reading "Bilton", which is just a blantant ripoff, but still very very funny.

karne

I can't believe you missed out "We've gone on holiday by mistake".

Mk13

Saw it last night - excellent film. A lot better than the first one, particularly the the ending (the first one was a bit of an anticlimax), and the whole film was genuinely creepy in places.

Plenty of cool twists too, but phenomenally loud (my ears are still faintly ringing), though this may be to do with the Phil Donahue-lookalike projectionist at my local fleapit being deaf as a post, hence ramping the volume up to ear-bleeding levels.

Matt Timson

What about "pure unadulterated child's piss"?
Pffft...

Quirkafleeg

"My heart's beating like a fu@ked clock"

And of course

"Monty, you absolute...!"

moly

better than the first film but still doesnt even like lotr film