Main Menu

Dredd movie - tie-in game

Started by Dash Decent, 02 October, 2011, 04:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Rebellion have got to be working on this, haven't they?

I hope it uses the 'behind character' perspective like their Rogue Trooper game rather than a FPS view like Dredd vs Death.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

vzzbux

Or they could give you the choice with a zoom option.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

PsychoGoatee

Rebellion is currently working on NeverDead, which looks awesome. So, I don't think they're making a Dredd game at the moment, at least in house.

MR. ELIMINATOR

I think neverdead is out this year, and then they are doing sniper elite sequel. I think. I would really love to see a Dredd game, it would only have to be your standard shoot 'em up, but it would be awesome because you are Judge Dredd.

It would be foolish not to make one really.

Michaelvk

Movie games always, always suck..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Goaty

Batman Arkham Asylum was excellent brilliant, but it based on Comic/Cartoon....

wondering if they do same style of game with Dredd?

SmallBlueThing

Lego star wars, indy, harry potter don't suck! neither do, im told, ghostbusters, transformers 2, and all the star wars games. And the first two spider-man movie games are brilliant.

Mind you, im going on the word of an eight year old- and watching him play.

No idea other than the above- i dont play videogames, other than to help out my boys.

SBT

JOE SOAP

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 02 October, 2011, 04:24:43 PM

It would be foolish not to make one really.

That depends on the cost and how quickly it needs to done.

Michaelvk

With the exception of TF2, all those other games were made with the luxury of time. Tie in games usually have less time to develop their product than the movie does, so are generally lacking..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Professor Bear

Quote from: Michaelvk on 02 October, 2011, 10:45:50 PMTie in games usually have less time to develop their product than the movie does, so are generally lacking..

But the upshot is that with 'shovelware' expectations are usually much lower.  I've bought some tie-in games under the impression they were likely dire but worth a punt because of their low price and connection to something else I had an interest in, and I'm rarely that disappointed by shovelware except in silly ways, like Captain America: Super Soldier's terrible script, or Terminator: Salvation's unbalanced and random difficulty.

A downloadable version of the multiplayer games from Dredd vs Death would be an option for Rebellion, I would have thought.  The game itself doesn't hold up well these days, but as a downloadable budget FPS multiplayer I would give it a go.

SpetsnaZ99

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 02 October, 2011, 09:18:38 PM
Lego star wars, indy, harry potter don't suck! neither do, im told, ghostbusters, transformers 2, and all the star wars games. And the first two spider-man movie games are brilliant.

Mind you, im going on the word of an eight year old- and watching him play.

No idea other than the above- i dont play videogames, other than to help out my boys.

SBT

Now theres an idea.... Dredd Lego...hhhmmm
You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

mogzilla

Quote from: Michaelvk on 02 October, 2011, 07:18:58 PM

i dunno, i rather enjoyed "quantum of solace"

The Big Man

Quote from: mogzilla on 03 October, 2011, 10:34:51 AM
Quote from: Michaelvk on 02 October, 2011, 07:18:58 PM

i dunno, i rather enjoyed "quantum of solace"

I preferred Goldeneye, both versions of it.
"Is there a problem here ?"

Dash Decent

Quote from: PsychoGoatee on 02 October, 2011, 03:49:56 PM
Rebellion is currently working on NeverDead, which looks awesome. So, I don't think they're making a Dredd game at the moment, at least in house.

I realise it takes a lot of resources to make a game, but would Rebellion only have one team working on one game at a time?

Quote from: Michaelvk on 02 October, 2011, 10:45:50 PM
Tie in games usually have less time to develop their product than the movie does, so are generally lacking..

Hmm.  On the one hand, I would've thought Rebellion, who are well & truly in the computer games business, would be all over developing a tie-in, given the publicity that will come from the movie & the fact they don't need to cut in a third party to do it.  I'd have also thought that they would've had some access to the script as it was approved and revised in order to at least think about the story they need to recreate &/or puzzles that could be implemented in that environment, cutting out some of the time factor.

On the other hand, I do understand that they would need to make everything look the same as in the movie - Judge uniform, guns, characters, etc - and that they couldn't even design parts of the game until they understood what the environment looks like (the Peachtrees layout & look).  Also I take on board that the comment above was made by the PR droid and sounds like an explanation of why one is not being done.

If Rebellion are not doing a game, I wonder if it may have been outsourced to a third party software house, though that sounds a bit egg-on-chin to me.

Quote from: Goaty on 02 October, 2011, 08:09:09 PM
Batman Arkham Asylum was excellent brilliant, but it based on Comic/Cartoon....

wondering if they do same style of game with Dredd?

Arkham Asylum was very well done - I'd also love to see a Dredd game with this kind of style and detail.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Fuzzed

It would be an opportunity missed if they haven't done/considered it. The more fantastical aspects of Dredd could have a place there too, somewhat satisfying the fans disappointed by the 'reality' of the movie.

Besides, even if it wasn't a comic or a movie, Dredd seems perfect for a game, and now I'm wondering why it wasn't done before. Seriously perfect.