Main Menu

Next month: Mega-City Undercover 02 launch event

Started by Molch-R, 12 March, 2012, 01:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

Next month, we're launching Mega-City Undercover Volume. 02 - the latest collection of tales of the undercover Judges in Mega-City One, featuring the talents of Rob Williams, D'Israeli, Rufus Dayglo and Simon Coleby! Orbital Comics in London are our hosts for an afternoon of signings, sketching and a Q&A with the creators!

The blurb from Orbital:

There's a lot happening at Orbital these days (with even more to come!) but right now we're very excited to announce that 2000AD will be bringing four of their most zarjaz creators down to the store for the launch of their new book, Mega-City Undercover 2.

According to the book's blurb: "It takes a special kind of judge to go undercover on the mean streets of Mega-City One – especially in the crime-infested Low Life; the nastiest part of the 'Big Meg.' This division of the Justice Department known as the 'Wally Squad' contains some of the bravest individuals working the streets – and also some of the most unhinged!"

Creative talents Rob Williams, Simon Coleby, D'Israeli and Rufus Dayglo will all be in store to sign your books, shake your hands and do sketches for you. They'll also be taking part in a Q&A session to discuss the book and other upcoming projects, so this is your chance to really engage with the creators and pick their brains for yourself.

If that's not enough to whet your appetite then 2000AD have also generously agreed to some giveaways on the day. The book may be undercover, but the event is not – so tell one, tell all, and make sure you don't miss out on what is bound to be a truly mega day. Tharg commands it!

The signing and sketching begin at 4pm with the Q&A scheduled for 6pm. Further details can be found on the Orbital events page.

http://www.orbitalcomics.com/blog/2012/03/11/2000ad-comes-to-orbital-for-a-mega-signing-event-this-april/

Emperor

QuoteThe crew at 2000AD are bringing four of their most zarjaz creators to Orbital Comics on Saturday April 7 to celebrate the release of their new book, Mega-City Undercover 2.

Rob Williams, Simon Coleby, D'Israeli and Rufus Dayglo will all be on hand to sign and sketch for you, followed by a Q&A to discuss the new book and other projects.

2000AD  are arranging giveaways for a few lucky participants, so make sure you don't miss out on this truly mega event! Signing starts at 4pm followed by Q&A at 6pm.

www.orbitalcomics.com/blog/2012/03/11/mega-city-undercover-2-signing-sketching-and-qa/
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Colin Zeal

I'll be at this and I'm quite looking forward to it. Hopefully the droids will have really big name badges on as I don't have clue what they look like.

Steve Green

Annoyingly a company has messed up a delivery for today, so I'm going to have to wait in on Saturday - hopefully they might deliver first thing and I can make it...

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Colin Zeal on 05 April, 2012, 04:27:35 PM
I'll be at this and I'm quite looking forward to it. Hopefully the droids will have really big name badges on as I don't have clue what they look like.

Just look for the ones who are shiny and metal and look a bit like they've been drawn by Robin Smith- probably with cool shades and massive 'teeth'.

SBT

SuperSurfer

Any of you Southern Contingent hillbillies going to this:

http://www.orbitalcomics.com/blog/2012/03/11/mega-city-undercover-2-signing-sketching-and-qa/

Orbital Comics. I'm intrigued by the Q&A.

I might check it out.

chiefy2shoes

I'll be there to chat, get stuff signed and harass droids for sketches. Does anyone have a contents list for this trade though? I can't find it anywhere.

WhitBloke

This taken from Rob William's site http://www.robwilliamscomics.co.uk/ where he tells us a little about the book and its contents:

This is the second Low Life collection, where the focus firmly shifted to Dirty Frank. Rufus' Aimee Nixon story is included but the bulk of the book will be the D'israeli-drawn stories 'Creation', 'Hostile Takeover' and 'The Deal'. Three of the best things I've written, I think. And the visuals are wonderful throughout.

So this is der place then, Johnny?

Colin Zeal

Excellent event on Saturday and my thanks go to the people involved for making it happen.