Main Menu

MK1 Lawgiver now for sale

Started by Steve Green, 23 August, 2013, 09:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperSurfer

Looks amazing. Reminds me of the lawgiver in the 'Top Thrill' graphic from the early days (someone has probably made that comment already).

Steve Green

I don't think so - yeah, I know what you mean though!

Steven Sterlacchini

Yep, Ron Smith drew a LOT of Dredd, including a lot of classic stories, so it's not surprising that the two mag (and two gun) route he went for is most memorable to a lot of people. Unfortunately I seem to remember that, at first, his Lawgiver was 'all over the place' regards look. So I think it would have possibly been a mistake to base the MK1 on his version.

The PR one looks like the McMahon pistol, which is in turn based very closely on Ezquerra's original. It also looks like the one in the classic Steve Dillon illustrated story 'Alone in a Crowd'.

The thing with creating 'real' objects from comic book designs, there are lots of artist's interpretations to consider. To a certain extent you can try to merge them a bit, but in the end you've got to try and stay close to something.

Personally, I think this is amazingly good.

vzzbux

Ooops sorry. I was only playing devils advocate.
A stunning piece by PR. Can't justify paying for it though.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

COMMANDO FORCES

Of course you can justify it!

You need it ;)

Steve Green

It's a lovely sculpt - and large enough to get over the thinking that brought about the MK2.

Still need to see that Judge Death sculpt in the flesh as well.

Dunk!

"Trust we"

TordelBack

Quote from: Dunk! on 28 August, 2013, 04:20:15 PM
What bullet type's 3?

Hot-shot!  Aka Incendiary, if I remember correctly.  Either that or Armour Piercing.  Wish that little pointer moved, or was omitted entirely.  Not that it really affects what is a thing of true beauty.

Steve Green

I don't know if it was ever consistent.

A round of pure madeupium.

TordelBack

Quote from: Steve Green on 28 August, 2013, 04:58:03 PM
I don't know if it was ever consistent.

That's the kind of thinking that leads to Roffman filling a room with ricochet rounds. 

Dash Decent

I'm getting "order ready for despatch" notifications.  Yeah!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

COMMANDO FORCES

A few people have reported deliveries already, which means they are running around their houses, shooting imaginary people right now!

Recrewt

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 25 September, 2013, 03:20:38 PM
A few people have reported deliveries already, which means they are running around their houses, shooting imaginary people right now!

What??? And not taking photos to put on here so the rest of us can be jealous!

Sideshow Bob

Wow !!!......That's all I can say !!.......... :o

Just received my Mk 1 Lawgiver today ( No 134 ) and it's absolutely massive and very, very impressive !!.......Packaging is superb , and detail on it is very, very good....Excellent in fact...
It looks absolutely amazing and to be honest,  the ( very good ) photos on here DO NOT DO IT JUSTICE.....In the 'flesh' it is even more impressive...All 'kudos' to PR for this iconic piece.... :D
( In my opinion it is a far better replica piece than the Mk2 )...

Now...where is the nearest 'crim' ??.......... :D

Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Dash Decent

Alert!  Alert!  Lawgivers have been issued to Judges in Oz!

Actually, it's a bit smaller than I thought it would be....

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.