Main Menu

Incoming: SUMMER MADNESS graphic novel flash sale

Started by Molch-R, 12 June, 2014, 11:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Awesome, I just ordered this set of beauties, can't wait for the mail order droids to send them my way.

The Art of Judge Dredd
Missionary Man
The Taxidermist
Thrill Power Overload - Thirty Years of 2000AD
Necronauts

Hawkmumbler

If Mean Team is as awful as many of the reviews i'm looking at then a fiver is about right! That being said, I was mainly getting it for the art but their you go.

IndigoPrime

Mean Team's readable and very silly, in an old-school 2000 AD kind of way. Great art helps, of course, and the series most certainly has that.

As for ACE Trucking, which demos99 mentioned, that's also knockabout, although I preferred the first volume to the second.

Art

Thrillpower Overload should pretty much be an automatic purchase for anyone who doesn't have it already - a brilliant history of 2000ad.

Third Estate Ned

It was very hard to decide!

I went for the three Nikolai Dante titles because I've never read any of that strip and The Taxidermist, but decided against Robo Hunter since those stories are collected in the Droid Files. A great way to try stuff you might not otherwise try. Thanks to the board members whose reviews dispersed across the internet on other sites helped me decide.

dweezil2

Quote from: Art on 18 June, 2014, 11:40:34 PM
Thrillpower Overload should pretty much be an automatic purchase for anyone who doesn't have it already - a brilliant history of 2000ad.

I agree, TPO is utterly essential.
I even had to buy a second copy in the sale, so I can prevent my hardback edition getting dog-eared!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Hawkmumbler

Bah! Go on then! I'll order TPO and Hell and High Water on saterday.

Bolt-01

No, you'd better do it now as the sale is a 24 hr one...

I got two of the Dante books I don't have, looking forward to reading these again.

Molch-R

Bolt-01

It's not?

(Hangs head in shame and slinks away...)

Dash Decent

The "18th June only" and "flash sale" bits in the advert certainly make it sound like a one day only affair.

Is Necronauts collected in some other volume too? (One of the 'creepy' Tharg collections)?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Molch-R

Quote from: Dash Decent on 19 June, 2014, 11:16:43 PM
The "18th June only" and "flash sale" bits in the advert certainly make it sound like a one day only affair.

I think you've misinterpreted - it says "begins 12noon/11am BST Wednesday 18th June only from shop.2000ADonline.com" i.e. the shop is the only place you can get them from that point ;)

Quote from: Dash Decent on 19 June, 2014, 11:16:43 PM
Is Necronauts collected in some other volume too? (One of the 'creepy' Tharg collections)?

Yes, it's included in Tharg's Terror Tales: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thargs-Terror-Tales-Presents-Necronauts/dp/1907992510

Timothy

I missed the whole of Dante, so I'm delighted to have picked up three volumes at a bargain price.

Hawkmumbler

Dante is amazing Timothy, the best thing ever published in the prog. I'm holding off Beast of Rudinshtein and Sword of the Tsar until I get Great Game through to Tsar Wars volume 2, but i'll buy Hell and High Water and an insentive to fill the gap. Thats how I stick to completeing one series at a time!

Timothy

I got Too Cool to Kill and loved it, so I'm looking forward to 3 lots more. I'm sure I'll manage with the continuity jumps, and I can read it all in order at a later date when I've picked the others up. Does anyone know whether they're going to appear on ios anytime soon? I know digital copies are available on the future store, so it shouldn't be too difficult.