Main Menu

Trying to find a copy of Marshall Law.

Started by Sideshow Bob, 03 February, 2015, 07:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sideshow Bob

I am interested in buying the first couple of TPB Volumes of Marshall Law.   I've been told that it's in the same type of vein as The Boys and as it's by Pat Mills it's bound to be good...
Anyone out there got a copy and willing to sell ??
Anyone out there who can give a recommendation - good or bad, I'd be much obliged..
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Greg M.

Marshal Law is great. I'd recommend the deluxe edition, which has all the stories bar the crossovers. You won't get it as cheap as a lot of us did when Amazon inexplicably sold it for under a tenner, but it's still not too expensive (around the 20 quid mark online), and it's a smashing collection.

As for the series itself - the first three stories, Marshal Law, Marshal Law Takes Manhattan and Kingdom of the Blind are the best. They also feature Pat at his most vitriolic and black-humoured, and are extremely funny, vicious and perverse. The subsequent stuff is not as strong - the series becomes even more over-the-top and cartoonish, but it's still plenty of fun. (Except maybe for Secret Tribunal, which isn't that good.)

judgerussell

A friend of mine does a great Marshal Law cosplay.

maryanddavid

The Marshall come highly recommended, as noted the early issues are the best. Judge R, Your friend is fab!

Sideshow Bob

Thanks guys,
Will definitely get the first 'deluxe' edition and see how it goes.
Thanks again,
Cheers,
Bob
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Greg M. on 03 February, 2015, 08:04:22 PM
Marshal Law is great. I'd recommend the deluxe edition, which has all the stories bar the crossovers. You won't get it as cheap as a lot of us did when Amazon inexplicably sold it for under a tenner, but it's still not too expensive (around the 20 quid mark online), and it's a smashing collection.

Arh happy days. I remember the long nervous wait as we all assumed our orders would be cancelled and then the excitment as the books started to land... memories...

Greg M.

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 05 February, 2015, 08:17:44 PM
Arh happy days. I remember the long nervous wait as we all assumed our orders would be cancelled and then the excitment as the books started to land... memories...

I'm still convinced an Amazon hired thug is going to come and forcibly remove it from my bookshelf once they finally figure out what happened.

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 05 February, 2015, 08:17:44 PM
Quote from: Greg M. on 03 February, 2015, 08:04:22 PM

Probably everyone on the forum got one- and we got away with it scott free! Ha!

What's that...someone at the door? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YK2Mrh8HPIQ

Karl Stephan

Quote from: judgerussell on 03 February, 2015, 11:50:57 PM
A friend of mine does a great Marshal Law cosplay.

Awesome. There's a dude with a kick-ass PVC ML outfit that frequents certain London fetish clubs. Crazy attention to detail. Wish I had a pic.

Mister Punch

Love the cosplay - she's making me feel all funny inside.

As for the character himself, its a great comic and hilariously refreshing antidote to the endless superhero worship elsewhere. He's an unusual character and surprisingly obscure considering the quality of the art and writing. Some of the team ups were also decidedly odd, but very cool. I've got an original copies of the Marshal Law / Pinhead (Hellraiser) cross over with a foil embossed hybrid of the Marshal's badge and a hellish perspective. I also eventually got hold of a complete set of the Mask crossover after months of searching on eBay. I still think he's a fun and interesting character and think he'd make a great movie.