Main Menu

Prog 1334 - Fatal Extraction!

Started by DavidXBrunt, 31 March, 2003, 04:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

Just read the Dredd in smiths this week.  

High explosive the bitch dredd.

The Monarch

okay better late than never eh?

dredd: heh heh heh alien queen heh heh heh

v.cs finally i can say its good at last

future predictable err i mean shock: seen it coming although the git deserved it heh

telguuth: hmm thats all i can say really

atavar: pish still not bison level pish but its getting there

Richmond Clements

I just got my prog today, so..

It's all pretty good, except Telguuth, which was dull dull dull.
Dredd was brilliant, great last page!
I liked the layout of the first page of the FS. The story was predictable, but not too bad.Liked the artwork, though.

W. R. Logan

>...Which then desn't quite work when inside the border is whiter than white.  It just sort of jars heaps every time I look at it.  Does anyone else agree or am I complaining at nothing?

One of the best covers of the year, actually looks like some thought went into it. So I?d say you were complaining at nothing.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/2000ad/mediumres/1334.jpg">

Banners

I think the cream border is very classy nice, and the rendering is superbly done too - of course.

But what is the picture depicting? Certainly nothing from the story indside...

There's an odd white sky, which suggests we're on a planet, and one of the chaps is stood on an alien tree whilst the others hover behind. Smith has his hand over the gun barrel (surely a bad idea) and is kneeling beside a smoking hole.

So, despite the initial plaudits, to me the cover is flawed as it seems only to depict the VCs carefully approaching a gaseous rabbit warren.

M@

Oddboy

... which makes me think that this was supposed to be a Banzai Battalion picture after all!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Tu-plang

fairycake might like to change his icon, unless... yeah, maybe...

They should have just made this a Banzai cover - who cares that they're not in the prog?  not me.