Main Menu

Let's gossip about Nobody

Started by broodblik, 27 January, 2024, 05:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Quote from: BPP on 29 January, 2024, 06:41:05 PMFeel free to DM me

If I DM you, and then you tell me your theory, then I'll immediately repeat it here in the open, absolutely regardless of any other context you provide. So, you could just cut out the middle man and tell us all your theory.  :)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Link Prime

Quote from: broodblik on 27 January, 2024, 05:34:15 AMReading some articles on Bleeding Cool's website I read an interesting statement over the persona of one of the best Dredd writers: Ken Niemand and Gordon Rennie both have strips in current 2000AD, despite being the same person, which is a good trick if you can manage it

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/2000ad-starts-new-stories-in-rebellions-april-2024-solicits/#:~:text=New%20stories%20start%20this%20month,dark%20in%20%22Iron%20Teeth%22!

I wouldn't give that gutter press site a click, and would take anything from that shit-stirring tosser with a pinch of extra hot chili powder.

That said, the distinguished BPP is of honourable repute.

A.Cow

Quote from: BPP on 29 January, 2024, 03:50:02 PMlol, I've told people in the past conclusive evidence as to who it is and since then even more proof came to pass but hey let people believe what they want.

I personally believe that prog 2300 is a bit of a smoking gun with regard to Neimand's identity.

Colin YNWA

Tjm86

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 29 January, 2024, 02:20:12 PMI used to think Dan Abnett was a pseudonym for John Wagner, and that Kek W was Mark Millar. So I'd best sit this one out.

I do indeed ... Kek-W was Mark Millar .... whatever did Kek-W do to deserve such a scathing insult!!!!!!

Fortnight

Is there a good reason this thread is so cryptic? I don't understand what's going on at all. :crazy:

Tjm86

Those are the best types of threads in these parts.

All the more fun when we stray into arcane misunderstanding territory and dairy-product approaches to iPod maintenance!

Fortnight

Thank you.

Niemand is 'nobody' in Dutch/Afrikaans. Ken Niemand might translate as "know no-one".

Sorry to disturb. I was looking for the bathroom.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: A.Cow on 03 February, 2024, 12:04:37 AM
Quote from: BPP on 29 January, 2024, 03:50:02 PMlol, I've told people in the past conclusive evidence as to who it is and since then even more proof came to pass but hey let people believe what they want.

I personally believe that prog 2300 is a bit of a smoking gun with regard to Neimand's identity.

Oh man, this is killing me. I've scoured that prog and, unless Niemand is a zombie, found no clues.  Ya breakin' my balls, Cow.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: A.Cow on 03 February, 2024, 12:04:37 AM

Oh man, this is killing me. I've scoured that prog and, unless Niemand is a zombie, found no clues.  Ya breakin' my balls, Cow.

QuoteI do indeed ... Kek-W was Mark Millar .... whatever did Kek-W do to deserve such a scathing insult!!!!!!

I know, I know. Sorry, Kek. No one deserves that.  At least the Space Spinner boys would like his stuff though  ;)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

A.Cow

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 03 February, 2024, 11:39:39 AM
Quote from: A.Cow on 03 February, 2024, 12:04:37 AMI personally believe that prog 2300 is a bit of a smoking gun with regard to Neimand's identity.

It's what isn't in the prog that's most interesting.  No mention at all of a particular script droid.  Just sayin'...

Funt Solo

Quote from: A.Cow on 03 February, 2024, 04:09:17 PM
Quote from: A.Cow on 03 February, 2024, 12:04:37 AMI personally believe that prog 2300 is a bit of a smoking gun with regard to Neimand's identity.
It's what isn't in the prog that's most interesting.  No mention at all of a particular script droid.  Just sayin'...

So, you're firmly in the "It's Rennie" camp, then? (Although, he is credited in the crossover Meg 448 Missionary Man tale.)

Script droids in prog 2300:
 - Ken N-AI-mand
 - Mike Carroll
 - Emma Beeby
 - Karl Stock
 - Dan Abnett
 - Ian Edginton
 - Arthur Wyatt
 - Rob Williams

And Meg 448:
 - Ken N-AI-mand
 - Karl Stock
 - Honor Vincent
 - Gordon Niemand Rennie
 - James Peaty
 - Liam Johnson
 - Mike Carroll
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

M.I.K.

I'm more interested in the why than the who(m).

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: A.Cow on 03 February, 2024, 04:09:17 PM

Fair point... I also noticed that Absalom featured in the Dredd story along with all the old time classic characters.  Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice.

A.Cow

Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 03 February, 2024, 05:14:45 PM
Quote from: A.Cow on 03 February, 2024, 04:09:17 PMIt's what isn't in the prog that's most interesting.  No mention at all of a particular script droid.  Just sayin'...
So, you're firmly in the "It's Rennie" camp, then? (Although, he is credited in the crossover Meg 448 Missionary Man tale.)

Nope, I definitely do not think it's Rennie.

The clues:
  • Tharg trusted this writer immediately with Dredd -- that's no small matter. (And no, I don't think it's Mark Millar :lol:)
  • Prog 2300.  Prog 2300.  Prog 2300.  How many times can I say it?