Main Menu

Mega Cities in The Sun

Started by Tarantino, 26 May, 2003, 04:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarantino

Hi Guys, I thought you might be interested in this. I was just reading a copy of The Sun today and notched up another prediction for 2000AD. Apparently one of Britain's top architects is predicting that we'll all be living in huge tower blocks that will be cities within themselves. They'll have schools, cinemas, shopping malls; they would even have parks complete with grass and tress. These huge tower blocks would be over 2,600 foot tall and house up to 55,000 people, with it's own security force.

Now I can't remember which prog but I seem to remember an idea like this being touted in 2000AD!

Proudhuff

yeah and flying cars!! and cities on the moon and all our clothes will fasten with velcro and be made of bacofoil,

Sorry got carried away there :-)

Huffy
DDT did a job on me

moly

sounds cool, would'nt want to live there myself though

James

Now I can't remember which prog but I seem to remember an idea like this being touted in 2000AD!

How about every Judge Dredd story?

Sorry, feeling cynical again today, that's what working a bank holiday does for you.

karne

Hello there I'm karne's postie and obviously not karne because he's in the Big Brother thread and forbidden to communicate with anyone other than his threadmates (e-mails are a way round this).

He asked me to tell you before he went into the thread, that the story you're after is Citi-block parts 1 and 2 which appeared in progs 117 and 118. Sorry for the delay, but that's the state of the postal service for you these days.

Devons Daddy

WAAAYYYY AHEAD of you down here in singapore.

they biult it two years ago. the lastest being sengkang compass point.
800 apartments, swimming pool,gym , health centre etc,
above a shopping mall,next to the school with a residents park on the roof,subway station in the basement and police post on site.school atached by underground subway and medical clinics within the mall.
libray as standard in all singapore malls above a certain size.
food courts(multi outlet food service cafes with shared seating)
bus station attached by air condionted moving walk way.
welcome to the present.

newest block development on track?
52 storys high with mall at base.being built by Far East Land.
expected thats 1248 apartments with an average of five people per unit or about 6000 residents.

it not so far off mate. and we got the sunshine!
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Smiley

But is it going to be named after Jimmy Clitheroe?