Main Menu

40 Years of Scream! - April 2024 - Collecting EVERY issue???

Started by Dash Decent, 07 July, 2023, 01:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

40 Years of Scream! Hardcover, 464 pages, 25 April 2024

Scream! - 15 issues, five specials. We've already had "Monster" and "The Thirteenth Floor" collected (and, I think, "Library of Death" by Hibernia) - but could this be the whole lot in a massive volume?  It's 464 pages and £75!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

O Lucky Stevie!

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Dash Decent

Blurb says it collects the 15 issue run.

"Celebrating 40 years since IPC launched the UK's most iconic 'horror' anthology, this single volume collects all of the strips included in the 15-issue run of Scream!

"Produced 'from the depths' of King's Reach Tower by the mysterious 'undead' editor Ghastly McNasty, the first issue of Scream! was unleashed on 24th March 1984. More tongue-in-cheek than horrific, the comic was an immediate hit with younger fans as it included a pair of fake vampire fangs attached to the cover and a number of fantastic new strips from such talents as Alan Moore, John Wagner, Jose Ortiz, Cam Kennedy, Tom Tully, Alan Grant and Eric Bradbury."

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Max Headroom

More big books like this needed! I'd certainly buy 'em.

Swerty

JayzusB.Christ

Feckinell, I was 8 years old when I was reading Scream!  No wonder my mother banned it.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

castle4

Link Prime

BadlyDrawnKano

On Speedyhen it's currently £28.75 - A friend alerted me to the site about a year ago and I've found it to often be the cheapest option, and I got both of Terry Moore's Strangers In Paradise collections for under £20.

https://www.speedyhen.com/Product/Simon-Furman/40-Years-of-Scream--The-Archival-Collection/29580002

IndigoPrime

Books Etc often good with pricing/packaging also, but doesn't tend to list offer pricing until something is actually in stock.

Doomlord66

It's my birthday the day after this is released. I definitely want this as a birthday present. I remember getting this comic from issue 1 but sadly I don't know what happened to them. Thanks for the Speedy hen link.

The Legendary Shark

I had every issue, complete with plastic teeth and all, before the Dark Times. Before the Event. Gone, now. Swept away... etc.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

judgeurko

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 08 January, 2024, 08:59:53 PMI had every issue, complete with plastic teeth and all, before the Dark Times. Before the Event. Gone, now. Swept away... etc.

What dark times? What event?

broodblik

Quote from: Doomlord66 on 08 January, 2024, 08:52:13 PMIt's my birthday the day after this is released. I definitely want this as a birthday present.

From dad to dad presents always the best because dad knows what dad really wants
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.