Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Stunned - in recent years he also did some great work on Death Ingloria.

Link Prime

Feckin Hell. RIP Nigel, and thank you.

ZenArcade

Really sad to hear about this.  I loved his Medivac 318 back in the day. RIP Nigel.  Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

von Boom

What terrible news about Nigel. RIP.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Really sorry about Nigel. He was by far the best thing about Strontium Dogs and I would love to have seen him return as a regular contributor.

It's only a small point I know; but RIP my parents' cat Alistair. He was a beautiful grey long-haired fat fella, full of affection and fun; rescued from a shelter early last year. He was hit by a car and it's broken my folks' heart. Goodbye Ali. I will get my own cat some day and call it Crowley in his honour.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dunk!

Nigel was a talented draughtsman who brought a solid base to the late 80s, scrappy 90s 2000ad

He unfortunately came of artistic age with DEADLINE & Hewlett and Bisley clones dominating the prog and don't think he got the recognition he deserved.

Extremely sad to hear of his passing. RIP.
"Trust we"

flip-r mk2

Doctor Who writer Terrance Dicks age 84.

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: flip-r mk2 on 02 September, 2019, 03:58:21 PM

filippo

Oh no, oh no. The Target books where instrumental in my growing tastes in science fiction as a lad. A truly tragic loss and jo mistake.

von Boom

filippo
Oh no. I think I read every one of his Doctor Who novels growing up. Sad, sad news. RIP.

Daveycandlish

filippo

Bugger.  :(
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Heath C Ackley

Sorry to hear about Terrance Dicks. As a nipper I used to devour Dr Who novels all the time. I would read one in a night!
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

sheridan

The good die young: Robert Mugabe, 95 (well, Thatcher was on this thread, so why not Mugabe?)

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Ah that's very sad, I knew he'd struggled with his health but only 50, the poor man. He portrayed one of the best ST characters from the very start of DS9, probably helped by not being a child actor.