Main Menu

IDW Dredd, available in UK?

Started by Proudhuff, 18 August, 2012, 04:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recrewt

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 16 July, 2013, 11:39:04 AM
"Double whammy!"

HaHa!

Not seen much of a Stallone influence so far (apart from that odd backup strip in the first one). 
Seen some tie-ins with the recent movie - did we have hot shots in the prog?

COMMANDO FORCES

Inside #10 it says this near the back, for anyone who wants to splash the cash

IDW Limited is ready to be JUDGED! This month we're releasing a very special limited-edition hardcover collecting the first story arc of our ongoing Judge Dredd comic. We've worked closely with painter Dan Harding to give this edition a completely new look. Besides providing artwork for the packaging, Harding has painted 15 original pieces on 11" x 14" canvas board, and those pieces will be included in what is sure to be one of our most spectacular Blue Label editions yet!

With an exclusive, variant cover and hand-built casing, Judge Dredd: Mega-City One is hotter than a HighEx round. Make sure you get your hands on this hand-numbered, hand-signed collectible while you still can or risk being sentenced to a life of regret.

Get your orders in now chaps!

There are also two pictures of Dan's art and it looks reasonable enough, apart from not enough links and a weird pistol grip with his pinkie all by itself from the rest of his fingers (that's only in one pic though)

Steve Green

Quote from: Recrewt on 17 July, 2013, 12:46:48 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 16 July, 2013, 11:39:04 AM
"Double whammy!"

HaHa!

Not seen much of a Stallone influence so far (apart from that odd backup strip in the first one). 
Seen some tie-ins with the recent movie - did we have hot shots in the prog?

Yep, it was another name for the heatseeker way back.

The 2012 film made it more of an incendiary/flare.

Mardroid

I was reading through Case files 3 the other day and they had dodgems and dum-dums too!

(Dodgems are ricochet rounds, in case you were wondering. Dum dums appear to be armour piercing, although whether they are the same as the usual ones or something extra tough I'm not sure. Turns out the term is used for pullets in the real world too although for expanding 'soft point' rounds. So kind of the oposite of armour piercing then! But very nasty from a flesh wounding perspective.)

Bat King

Yeah the dum-dums in Dredd were body stoppers... just like the real life round (not bullet... it is a round...)
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Mardroid

They're just different words for the same thing aren't they? Or I suppose rounds might be broader to include cartridges, etc too.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Mardroid on 22 August, 2013, 12:26:39 AM
They're just different words for the same thing aren't they? Or I suppose rounds might be broader to include cartridges, etc too.
COMMANDO FORCES TO THREAD ASAP.
We never really die.

James Stacey

bullets are what Americans call rounds. To gaol with them.

Recrewt

Quote from: Shaun of the Dead
We've got 29 bullets left
Call them shells
29 shells

COMMANDO FORCES

All Americans are cowboys and call rounds 'bullets' and happily fire them willy nilly

When we used to do our declaration on a live firing range, part of that very declaration, depending on what we were firing was 'I have no live rounds or empty cartridge cases in my possession, SIR!'