Main Menu

Prog 2204 - Not of this Earth

Started by Colin YNWA, 17 October, 2020, 01:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

norton canes

Quote from: JimmyNailz on 19 October, 2020, 12:42:41 PMSomeone questioned whether India had had surgery to make her look anime. Quite the horrific concept

Just call me Clare. Clare Voyant...

Quote from: norton canes on 08 October, 2020, 10:43:20 AM
rather disturbingly - in Skip Tracer, since Paul Marshall draws everyone realistically, India Sumner has presumably had extensive surgery to make her look like a manga character, yes? Including eye enlargements (by the injection of extra fluid? Ew!) and lip removal

I half expected to turn to page two of this week's instalment and see the surgery in process - perhaps wisely, however, Peaty and Marshall have denied us that opportunity. Agree with the general consensus that Skip Tracer is shaping up into a decent strip. Might have mentioned this already but Dylan Teague is a bit of an unsung hero with his gorgeous washed-out colour palette. 

Fiends is winning the Battle of the Edgington Strips hands down right now - in fact it's difficult to believe they're written by the same droid, with Stickleback's awkwardly florid prose in contrast to Fiends' sparsely effective narrative. That slip into monochrome halfway through Fiends, with the dragon's eyes extinguished, is genius. I guess it's inevitable that a detailed retelling of Constanta's origins would reshape his character somewhat but it's a small price to pay for the reward we're getting here.

Hookjaw's a blast once again (that pool scene definitely needs dropping into an actual horror movie) and Dan Cornwell's art is always a pleasure to have in the prog. Though you'd think that for rough terrain journeys, Justice Department would issue a Lawmaster variant with a bit more ground clearance...

Anderson looks fantastic in the Nerve Centre preview, can't wait to see that.

DrJomster

Quote from: broodblik on 22 October, 2020, 09:04:40 AM
Great article on how the cover was created:

https://2000ad.com/news/2000-ad-covers-uncovered-disraelis-step-by-step-guide-to-the-whole-cover-for-prog-2204/

That is just gorgeous!

Fascinating stuff.

Strong prog this week. Again. Lots to love! V pleased with how Hookjaw and Fiends are turning out.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

73north

Giving up on getting my Subscriber Prog on a Saturday -
lucky if I get it at the end of the week nowadays 

Tiplodocus

Another thoroughly enjoyable prog for me. Hookjaw and Fiends are just great in script and art and colour and letters.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

and Great Dredd and Stickleback, a cracking prog!  :)
DDT did a job on me