Main Menu

Where the dust goes to gather - comics variant

Started by Colin YNWA, 25 July, 2011, 08:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

Ooh! I find the Argos catalogue monumentally confusing Tombo- you couldn't give me the stock number for one that can give me five shelves for under thirty quid, could you?

SBT

Tombo

No probs -

609/2201 - Beech effect
609/2218 - Maple
609/2225 - Oak
609/3509 - White
609/3547 - Black

They're part of the Maine range.  If you search the Argos website for bookshelves, put them by price low to high they should be about halfway down page four.

James Stacey

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 26 September, 2011, 06:01:51 PM
Plastic covers. I have a mate who works in the library and he gets me them from time to time. I sort of like them, but equally they annoy me in the same way that wrapping furniture in plastic annoys me. If you go round his house, every book he owns is protected in this way, and it drives me nuts.

SBT

Thanks. I didn't realise they did them in that size. Perhaps I shouldn't look. That way madness (and poverty) lies. I do have a large collection of books with dust jacket protectors but in my defence they are mainly from the 1940s and 1950s so need it.

SmallBlueThing

Brilliant, thanks! By saturday then, i may have new shelving!

And james: i dont actually think you can buy them! my mate, ahem, 'liberates' them for his own purposes. They come in all sizes, for all books- ive got case files sized ones, ones that fit slim trades, u.s sized ones, target dr who novelisation sized ones, and everything in between. But as you say, that way madness lies...
SBT

James Stacey

Thanks SBT. Looking at my usual book cover supplier (yeah yeah) you can get them but they are 90p each so I think I'll have to pretend I didn't look http://www.care4books.com/packaging/page.asp?type=cat&pid=4&cid=1

SmallBlueThing

I AM NOT FOLLOWING THAT LINK! LA LA LA LA NOT LISTENING!
SBT

Tombo

That other photo of the shelving in questions isn't the best so heres one of my other case, this one sized up for my Osprey military books which are the same size as most TPBs.  I did a quick experiment and each shelf is big enough to just to say squeeze the first 18 Case Files in.

Colin YNWA

Tombo

Not really, I had tidied up the day before I took that photo, but I am a little bit OCD when it comes to keeping my shelving tidy.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Trout

Hey Tombo, did you ever get to the end of Y The Last Man?

It's definitely worth it.  :)

Also: BUMP!

Tombo

I have indeed, a rather bittersweet ending all told although it did show hope for the future.  Never thought the death of [spoiler]a monkey[/spoiler] could bring a tear to my jaded eyes.

And since we're bumping this thread, this is what my shelving looks like now.

Trout

Quote from: Tombo on 05 May, 2012, 10:07:33 PM
I have indeed, a rather bittersweet ending all told although it did show hope for the future.  Never thought the death of [spoiler]a monkey[/spoiler] could bring a tear to my jaded eyes.

Ah, I'm glad to hear it.  :D

Large48

Whats's the easiest way of putting photo's up here?

Do you have to use a hosting (look what I have come and rob me!) site?
:-*
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Proudhuff

I use Flickr, others photobucket, no doubt some T'interwebby guru will be along shortly...
DDT did a job on me