Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rog69

Tips, there is a lot of good info on fighting these parking scrotes here too.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/

Might be worth a look.

Banners

Are you on Twitter? I believe that can be effective in shaming big brands about unfair treatment.

Theblazeuk

Often it gets the people who must protect the brand to intervene over the people whose job is to be a dick.

Grugz

Quote from: White Falcon on 01 June, 2015, 04:22:44 PM
That sucks, Grugz. Having been through something similar myself I know how truth is no longer a defence. If there's anything I can do, please don't hesitate to ask. In the meantime, don't let the bastards grind you down.

do you happen to have a supressed rifle and a fast car? ;)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

Spent all day chiselling mortar off old bricks at work. It's been a long time since I had to piss on my hands after work due to bleeding palms and blisters but I do feel like I've done a man's job today. More to come tomorrow but I might just take the nancy-boy route and buy a pair of heavy gloves.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Fungus

Quote from: White Falcon on 03 June, 2015, 05:18:18 PM
Spent all day chiselling mortar off old bricks at work. It's been a long time since I had to piss on my hands after work due to bleeding palms and blisters but I do feel like I've done a man's job today. More to come tomorrow but I might just take the nancy-boy route and buy a pair of heavy gloves.

That is a miner impediment.

I'll get my coat (and gloves).

The Legendary Shark

Something happened today making me suspect that I might be a truly horrible person and the only one in the world who can't see it is myself. Properly upset.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Banners

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: White Falcon on 06 June, 2015, 04:11:20 PM
Something happened today making me suspect that I might be a truly horrible person and the only one in the world who can't see it is myself. Properly upset.

I think I may have disagreed with you at greater length and with more vehemence than anyone else on this forum, and even I don't think you're a horrible person. Far from it. Obviously, I've never met you in person, but all evidence available to me suggests you're a thoroughly decent human being. Don't make me come over there and smack some sense into you...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Grugz

Quote from: White Falcon on 06 June, 2015, 04:11:20 PM

being an over-sensitive paranoid, I can relate but as banners says  it might not be as bad as ya think....pm'd
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

The Legendary Shark

Ah, thanks chaps. Sorry, just having a "woe is me" moment.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 01 June, 2015, 09:32:17 PM
Good luck Grugz.

Mine really is a minor impediment.

£70 parking fine for being 15 minutes over the 90 minute limit while doing the big shop at a Supermarket.

In true Shark/Seagull fashion I am not paying it.

1) most supermarkets offer 120 minutes - which I would have made.
2) It was first shop at a new supermarket for me. That always takes longer because not everything is in same place.

3) I have to read the allergy information on just about everything I buy because milk is a hidden ingredient in just about every product.

4) They can just fuck off.

Where is it?

Write to the shop, and to the local press.

Write to your local trading standards re the parking operators.
Lock up your spoons!

Tiplodocus

Aldi in Irvine.

I have already started the appeal process.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Legendary Shark

M62 was a car park today. It seems three lorries had a thing and they had to shut the motorway. I got to be amongst the thousands stranded behind the incident at J22 and after J23. It was one of those traffic jams you tell your therapist about. The kind where you switch your engine off. The kind where people get out and strike up conversations or try their best not to nettle themselves having a squirt up the verge. Five bloody hours. To get from J23 to J22. Then the cross-country fun commenced.
I just looked at the M62 traffic report and that section's still down to two lanes with severe delays. The reason for this, however, has changed from 'Incident' to 'Emergency Repairs.'
I know I moan a lot but there's a lot to be proud of as well. 'Emergency Repairs' - already - is a kind of comfort. Not to the poor buggers still stuck in it, of course, but on a social level.  Kind of thing.
I'll get me hi-vis vest...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]