Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albion

Quote from: judda fett on 30 January, 2013, 06:33:01 PM
Albion, that could only be improved by including an 'enjoy drink responsibly' logo.

Great idea. Mean could be buttin' it.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

judda fett

Quote from: Albion on 30 January, 2013, 08:25:40 PM
Quote from: judda fett on 30 January, 2013, 06:33:01 PM
Albion, that could only be improved by including an 'enjoy drink responsibly' logo.

Great idea. Mean could be buttin' it.

Or buttin' his way through an offy to get to his beverage of choice.

michael kennedy

Neil, i think i'm in love with everything you do...

moving on,heres a character page for a project i'm working on hoping to do some sample pages soon to shift under to publishers or at least boost my portfolio in time for Uni.

no tracery, no trickery just a pencil drawing with photoshop colouring.based on a MMA fighter

check out more things at the projects blog and its parent blog

www.yanniksredemption.wordpress.com
www.mdkennedyia.wordpress.com

in addition i've just got on the whole twitter scene, don't wanna be a serial poster just wanna make some conacts @MkennedyIA

NeilFord

Thanks fellas! Super drawing there Mike, love the style.

michael kennedy

cheers!

wanna post here more often instead of the whole hyperlinking.
anyhow, this is a dredd practice page i did before christmas.not part of a submission, just screwing around
and really looking to try out exporting sketchup enviroments and inking over.All part of the traditional-digital balance.

www.mdkennedyia.wordpress.com
@mkennedyia

Steven Austin

Ooh that's lovely Mike - great layout and love those hard geometric lines and ink.

michael kennedy

Steven Austin

Found this 'old' piece - bout 3 years old. It was for a project I worked on with several other artists entitled Game of Kings. A fantasy style adventure released weekly through RedBubble based upon the game of chess.

This piece was created for the battle of the Black Kings Knights and the White Queens Rooks. Not perfect but though i'd share as this was the project that renewed my love of fantasy, sci fi illustration.

You can check out all the other work by by myself and other artists here: http://www.redbubble.com/people/gameofkings

Steven Austin

Here's another - this is the Black King wiping out a load of White Pawns.

staticgirl

I am having a bit of a motivation drought at the moment and am a bit blocked so whilst I wait for some psychic Domestos that I can use*, the SugarGlider comics people posted my story I did for their anthology a year or two ago. It's a well written sad story which held lots of challenges for me - drawing the 1960s, older people, recognisable exteriors - The entrance to the MOD amongst them...

http://sugarglidercomics.co.uk/post/40693134211/sgs2day2

*I've been there before many times so I'm not too worried.

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Steven Austin

SIP

judda fett

Bold and stylish Davey and Simon.

SIP

Thanks Judda Fett - re-posting to follow as did a bit of re-working on some of the inking......