Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 08 October, 2014, 02:56:49 PM
It's only a matter of time before someone suggests the possibility of ISIS child suicide bombers armed with ebola bombs running around rural Kent disguised in Hallowe'en costumes and looking for hospitals and supermarkets to go off in.
Y'all don't forget to be afraid now. Look at the terrible threats and pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Are you working for the Daily Mail?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2786433/Could-Ebola-used-weapon-ISIS-Terror-experts-raise-prospect-jihadists-infecting-spreading-virus-Western-countries.html

Proudhuff

daily Mail? here's some balance  :D

'Windfalls like this are everywhere: think of the billion pounds the government threw into the air when it sold Royal Mail, or the massive state subsidies quietly being channelled to the private train companies. When Cameron told the Conservative party conference "there's no reward without effort; no wealth without work; no success without sacrifice", he was talking cobblers. Thanks to his policies, shareholders and corporate executives become stupendously rich by sitting in the current with their mouths open.'

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/oct/07/bullying-corporations-enemy-within-business-politicians
DDT did a job on me

ZenArcade

Proudhuff: comment of the day on your last, I couldn't agree more. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

COMMANDO FORCES

Labour ran close with their majority slashed in their heartland of Heywood and Middleton earlier, with a miserable turnout of 36%, while UKIP (which was really just the person) take Clacton with an equally poor turnout of 51%

Frank

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 10 October, 2014, 03:01:35 AM
Labour ran close with their majority slashed in their heartland of Heywood and Middleton earlier, with a miserable turnout of 36%, while UKIP (which was really just the person) take Clacton with an equally poor turnout of 51%

UKIP now have as many MPs as the Green Party, and have replaced the Lib-Dems as the party of protest at by-elections. Vote Farage, get Miliband:

Old Tankie

51% turnout for a by-election is actually pretty good.  And to get nearly 60% of the people who did vote is very good.  Can't be bothered to look it up but, if my memory serves me right, Labour got about 29% on a turnout of about 65% at the last general election.

8-Ball

England's lurch to the far-right is most worrying. What on earth is going on down there? :o
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

NapalmKev

Quote from: 8-Ball on 10 October, 2014, 08:46:16 AM
England's lurch to the far-right is most worrying. What on earth is going on down there? :o

Not exactly "England's" lurch, more like a certain percentage of Tories now deciding to vote UKIP.

I think you'll find that the majority of English people aren't 'Far-Right', (at least in my experience).

Cheers

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

8-Ball

Quote from: NapalmKev on 10 October, 2014, 08:54:40 AM
Quote from: 8-Ball on 10 October, 2014, 08:46:16 AM

Not exactly "England's" lurch, more like a certain percentage of Tories now deciding to vote UKIP.

I think you'll find that the majority of English people aren't 'Far-Right', (at least in my experience).

Cheers

As far as I can see they are taking votes from northern Labour voters as well as Tory votes in the south. That concerns me.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

The Legendary Shark

What's going on down here is that we're all idiots. We believe that voting for a political party is the Only Way to solve our problems and that the people we are allowed to vote for are decent and honest people with our own best interests at heart. We believe that the tyranny of the majority is a good thing and that anybody who doesn't vote has no right to complain.
That's what's going on.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Old Tankie

I agree with NapalmKev.  A huge amount of the Ukip vote is coming from former lifelong Tories, (including me and the missus).  I dislike Cameron far more than I dislike the Labour Party and if that means five years of Ed in charge in order to get rid of Cameron then so be it, hardly a lurch to the Right.  Labour's share of the vote went up in the Rochdale by-election.  And Labour will win the next General Election with a clear majority because of the Ukip vote, again hardly a lurch to the Right.

Goaty

Labour Party would be better with new leader than gormless Ed? Not too late to change the leader?

Richmond Clements

Well done England for voting in a racist party. This is why we wanted a yes vote. We don't want to be rules by nazis.

Steve Green

Too late I'm afraid.

Ed Miliband is woeful. Ed Balls doesn't convince me either.

It really annoys me that they're the opposition, although the Tories have held my local seat with a sizeable majority for the past decade, with 2 and 3 split between Labour and Lib Dem.

He just seems adrift, with his 'luck' being UKIP splitting the Tory vote, and the Lib Dems being hated over going into coalition.

Steve Green

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 10 October, 2014, 09:43:11 AM
Well done England for voting in a racist party. This is why we wanted a yes vote. We don't want to be rules by nazis.

Aren't moderators supposed to moderate, not Godwin threads, Rich?