Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 01 August, 2013, 07:58:34 PM
As some of you already know, I'm chasing the full Mr Macabre story drawn by our Massimo but I'm missing pages 1, 2 and 6. Well, I've found page 6 but the owner will only swap for something from the period he was reading 2000AD (prog 150 - 600 approx.) and that he remembers. Any character, any artist but preferably Massimo.

I'm looking at spending £120 tops. Has anyone got anything from that period, at that price, that they're willing to sell/trade so I can take one step closer to my goal? Please...

And we have a result!  :D Thanks to everyone who chipped in and pushed pages my way... You guys are the best!

Fatboydale

Quote from: malak brood on 02 August, 2013, 02:57:01 PM
On that Nemesis O'Neill piece, there are not many times in my life when I have felt it would be justifiable to kiss a man but having this was one of them. Thanks Dale ( no tongues)!

Man hugs are ok , but no tongues of ball grabs ....

Its going to the right place ....

going back to the 80-90's tomorrow ..

Oh nice page Albion

and lovely Cliff page Mr B ...

malak brood

Leigh Gallagher's work is hitting the heights on Defoe isn't it?  I have an old swamp thing tryout he did, detail is incredible, but this stuff just knocks the air out of you, ......very impressive page.

Cliff is just massively under rated, great line work.

Albion

Quote from: Judge Jack on 02 August, 2013, 04:06:51 PM
@ Albion - Now thats a page thats hot of the press! So, is that you then? A story behind that?

I'm the reek on the top right of the page.
Leigh had a charity raffle on his blog and the prize was to be drawn into a panel of Defoe. As well as sending the original page he also sent a signed copy of the Prog it was in. Top bloke as well as a great artist.  :D
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Simon Beigh

Quote from: Albion on 02 August, 2013, 05:49:52 PM
Quote from: Judge Jack on 02 August, 2013, 04:06:51 PM
@ Albion - Now thats a page thats hot of the press! So, is that you then? A story behind that?

I'm the reek on the top right of the page.
Leigh had a charity raffle on his blog and the prize was to be drawn into a panel of Defoe. As well as sending the original page he also sent a signed copy of the Prog it was in. Top bloke as well as a great artist.  :D

Ah - I read about this on Leigh's blog and so glad it was a forum member. Many congratulations, Albion, it's a lovely page and a brilliant prize from the charity auction...

Quote from: malak brood on 02 August, 2013, 02:57:01 PM
On that Nemesis O'Neill piece, there are not many times in my life when I have felt it would be justifiable to kiss a man but having this was one of them. Thanks Dale ( no tongues)!

Well done, Mr B. A fantastic cover... I'm sure many a O'Neill fan are wailing and gnashing their teeth with jealousy...

Quote from: dark-spartan on 02 August, 2013, 09:09:22 AM

I see a few few people were posting their Cliff Robinson pieces - this is the only one I have.  When Cliff sent this over he also sent all the prelims, a fantastic full colour print and coipes of the art on a disk.

Bloody hell, DS, there's some detail in that Robinson page! I like it a lot!

You spend a day away from this forum thread and all hell breaks loose!

So...

Is it my turn now?

hippynumber1

Simon Beigh

OK. Those who you that are vaguely aware of my posts may know me as a Shakara fan. A BIG Shakara fan... And I've been after a page for ages, but they just aren't about. And those that have them, don't want to let them go. Why? Because they are brilliant, that's why. Henry Flint madness and Robbie Morrison genius!

So it was my grail to get a page - any page - featuring Shakara...

Now imagine how I'm feeling right now to bag this pivotal page from Book 2. I could cry. I literally am shaking typing this now...

It is everything I hoped for and more. It is stunning in every way. I'm over come with joy...

I own a Shakara page. It's mine...

Thank you for listening. It's been emotional...

Simon Beigh

Oh - and there's more. These two sketches which formed part of the cover of the first TPB reflected in Shakara's eyes:

It's been a good day!

Thank you to the chap who sold me these. He's not a forum member, but he knows who he is. I am eternally grateful...

Sideshow Bob

That brilliant, SimeonB......
I'm really pleased that you've managed to get a really great page,  and a couple of wonderful sketches of your own 'personal grail piece' as well..........Getting them framed or in the folder ????.......... :lol:
Well done, mate !!........... :D

And many congrats on 'snagging' Page 6 of Mr MacabreMark,
Looking forward to seeing it up on the thread soon....
Just Page 1 and 2 to go now..........Good luck !!.....and well done... :D

Cheers....
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

hippynumber1

Magnificent Simeon! Well done! I take it this means you won't be wanting those other pages anymore?  ;)

Spikes

Quote from: SimeonB on 02 August, 2013, 06:25:12 PM
I own a Shakara page. It's mine...

Congrats on snagging a grail piece Simeon! Will you be able to sleep tonight?

Fatboydale

Lovely Shakara .....

Talking of Grails , i would dearly love to find One of the American reprint covers By Rian Hughes Dare .... they are out there ....

Simon Beigh

Thanks all! It's a good question about framing, Bob. I shall probably take down my Ron Smith that has been up for a while and replace it with this Shakara page for a bit. Someone has suggested to me the two sketches could be cut down and mounted together, but I am thinking of leaving them uncut on the A4 paper and mounting the side-by-side in a A3 frame.

Decisions, decisions....

Spikes

Gulp!  :o Now personally id never dream of altering/cutting down any art i owned.

Leave as is, would be my recommendation. The A3 framing sounds an eminently better idea.

Simon Beigh

Yes, I don't want to cut them up either so am just going for the side-by-side mounting...