Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatboydale

Quote from: maryanddavid on 11 August, 2013, 12:30:01 AM
That's a find Dale, I presume the same source, (I'm Pretty sure I've figured that out:p)
Never published, it was the last Eagle comics cover. Shameless pimp, the next Comic Archive has interviews with Nick landau and Dez Skinn about the american editions of 2000ad material in the eighties, out soon.
The Rat cover is very cool, and Ming, it does deserve its own thread!
It was published , but only half of it .....and your almost there ....almost ..

Jim_Campbell

I'd have loved to see Jim Baikie ink Cam Kennedy, or vice versa. Although their styles are very different, I always felt that they were kind of coming from the same place, if you see what I mean...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

maryanddavid

That is just class Dale, If only I had cash...mmmm
By any chance did you get one called 'Shock Treatment'?

Spikes

Quote from: Fatboydale on 10 August, 2013, 11:49:45 PM
Last one for a while .....

Now this is quite lovely - Skizz is a real firm fave of mine. I dont think ive ever seen this before, so thanks for sharing.

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 August, 2013, 12:34:54 AM
I'd have loved to see Jim Baikie ink Cam Kennedy, or vice versa. Although their styles are very different, I always felt that they were kind of coming from the same place, if you see what I mean...

Cheers!

Jim

Now that would indeed be something, wouldnt it.
Had a wee chat with Jim via his FB page. I'd asked about a possible commission, but alas, he's pretty much retired now.
But it was nice to speak to him about his art,  - and just how much i love Skizz. 

dark-spartan

Below is another one of my Siku pages, but unfortualty the only Dredd one.  I have three or four others that are all Sinister Dexter

I feel you don't get much interior comic art with such a great layout on what is quite a mundane subject.  This is big as well, done on A3 art board.

Link Prime

Very nice Siku there Dark Spartan. I always liked his unique take on Dredd.

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Dr Feeley Good

After me saying i wasn't selling any more artwork i have just put this colour Henry Flint page on Ebay... item number 200953295862

Dr Feeley Good

dark-spartan

I have bought a load of random stuff over the years both US and UK based.  I think my 2000ad art suffered as I spread myselt thin trying to buy too much

Got some great pieces and also missed out on some fantastic stuff.  The attached piece is from the Bristol Comic show, its the cover and main promo art for that year and done by the great Trevor Harsaine.

Over the years I've got some great art there and still weep over some of the classics that I could have purchased if I had just spent, spent, spent and worried about having no money later on.  I have found from experience I have a mix of both regret and fond memoires for the art I just missed on, for whatever the reason

Skullmo

You have some lovely pages Spartan :-D

Do you have a CAF page?
It's a joke. I was joking.

dark-spartan

I'm glad you like the pages, its nice to share them with like minded people

I do indeed have a CAF page Skullmo - details below - quite a bit of my america art is on there along with my UK stuff.  There is a Fleetway Slaine cover and a few Colin McNeil pieces.

I have a some other 2000ad pages and covers that I will post next week that have not seen the light of day in years

Enjoy

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1809

Greg M.

Cool to see you've got some Nth Man covers - always been a big fan of that series.

Link Prime

Quote from: dark-spartan on 16 August, 2013, 12:57:18 PM

Enjoy

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1809

Really like your Adam Pollina X-Force cover.
Shame he kinda disappeared after that period, great artist.

dark-spartan

The Adam Pollina cover was one of the first covers I bought - love that one

As for Nth Man - don't get me started.  I had the idea that I could get all 16 of the original covers.  I have three, 2 on CAF and one that I haven't scanned in yet.  I always pester the guys on CAF who do have covers to see if they will part with them - they never want to