Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Quote from: SimeonB on 27 September, 2013, 10:53:13 AM
So whilst Skullmo is being a big old tease, I'll pop up a couple of pages I recently picked up. Does everyone know I like Shakara? I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, or not? Anyway, just in case I haven't mentioned it before - well - I like Shakara :D

This is a real cliffhanger from the final book. What will become of everyone's favourite alien avenging machine after Cinnabar has put his fist through most of his upper anatomy?

And I really like Zombo too, so was pleased to pick this cover up - which is my favourite Zombo cover. I think it captures the big old half man, half zombie in his more playful side... ;)

Aye, super pieces SB! - That Shakara is just lovely.
Flint's art is indeed a cause for celebration.
(Though im kinda torn between him and Colin MacNeil, as to who i think is the best. Not that it really matters, their both the mutt's...)

ming

Quote from: Judge Jack on 27 September, 2013, 11:08:09 AMFlint's art is indeed a cause for celebration.
(Though im kinda torn between him and Colin MacNeil, as to who i think is the best. Not that it really matters, their both the mutt's...)

Having seen Henry's TV doodles in the fantastic Broadcast book he put out, and being familiar with the insane energy and imagination he instills in his work, he strikes me as being cut from the same kind of Slightly Mad Art God Cloth as Brendan McCarthy.  Both of them, it appears to me, have a bubbling mass of artistic sparks and visions in their brain-things that constantly need an outlet; if this stuff doesn't find an exit via the medium of pen and paper then I'm not quite sure what would happen (but either of them could probably draw it rather well).

Spikes

Quote from: smiffy on 27 September, 2013, 12:02:08 AM
Strontium Dog cover to issue 13 of Starlord?

Quote from: Skullmo on 27 September, 2013, 12:10:24 AM
:-*

Good try! But no.

Your a big fibber, Mr Skullmo!
That is the Stronty cover to issue 13 of Starlord.

ming

Quote from: Judge Jack on 27 September, 2013, 11:56:51 AM
Quote from: smiffy on 27 September, 2013, 12:02:08 AM
Strontium Dog cover to issue 13 of Starlord?

Quote from: Skullmo on 27 September, 2013, 12:10:24 AM
:-*

Good try! But no.

Your a big fibber, Mr Skullmo!
That is the Stronty cover to issue 13 of Starlord.

Busted!  Good eye, Iain!

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Spikes

Quote from: Skullmo on 27 September, 2013, 12:53:43 PM
:-\

We'll have no truck with mis-information, and/or coyness on here - Get posting young man!

If you do have, or are getting, that cover - then HUGE congratulations! Those Starlord Stronties, as i often say, are as essential as they are lovely.

Link Prime

Quote from: SimeonB on 27 September, 2013, 11:01:43 AM
Cheers ming. I got asked a little while ago what I thought was special about Henry's work. My answer was one word. Energy. I don't think anyone can put as much motion and movement into a piece of art as Henry can. Genius. Simple as that!

A man after my own heart.

Great pages Simeon- love the collection you're building.
When does the insurance money run out?  ;)

Skullmo

Found this down the back of the radiator in my time machine.  :P

Without overlay:

With overlay:

And a detail pic:

This has to be my favourite piece now! I know I have been harking on about trying to get / raise funds for a mystery grail for a few months and here it is!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Link Prime

smiffy

Skullmo: wonderful page, sir -- as good as it gets.

Spikes

Quote from: Skullmo on 27 September, 2013, 09:23:07 PM

And a detail pic:

Glorious! A 5 star rated piece of art if ever there was  :thumbsup:

maryanddavid

SuperSurfer

Fantastic.

(I chopped up the Strontium Dog colour spread in that issue as I sent a letter or drawing to Star Lord and the bloody strip popularity voting coupon was on the other side of the page.)

Must dig up my Star Lords.

Sideshow Bob

Just a fantastic page Skullmo..... :o
Love the pages that have the original 'overlay' with them......

Well done on capturing that beauty !!..... :D

And SimeonB, .......What can I say ?? .....You've obviously caught the collecting OCD now .. A truly impressive Shakara page ( Do you like Shakara ??..... ;) ),  and a lovely Zombo cover.....Well done, mate... :D

Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

o1s1n

That's amazing!!!  :o

Interesting to see that they edited the laser whip art to appear over the logo using the overlay.