Main Menu

Judge Dredd to Lay Down Law at MCM Expo as 2000AD Announces Comic Con Debut

Started by Molch-R, 20 April, 2011, 02:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

27-29 MAY – EXCEL LONDON – ROYAL VICTORIA DOCK

Prepare to be judged, perp! JUDGE DREDD will be laying down the law in the nation's capital this May, as legendary British comic 2000 AD and Rebellion reveal plans to attend their very first MCM Expo London Comic Con.

At the bleeding edge of pop culture for over three decades, 2000AD has brought its multi-award winning blend of explosive action, black comedy and mind-blowing sci-fi to a host of awesome creations, from the iconic JUDGE DREDD, NEMESIS THE WARLOCK, ROGUE TROOPER and STRONTIUM DOG to modern classics such as SHAKARA, KINGDOM and CABALLISTIC.

Now you can feel the thrill-power at the famous MCM Expo London Comic Con for the first time as the 2000 AD booth serves up a mighty feast of top titles – all at special discounted Expo prices – as well as the chance to win a one-off piece of art from a very special guest!

Imaginative, hard-hitting stories and eye-popping art makes 2000 AD essential reading and it remains the ultimate proving ground for the finest young writers and artists of the generation. The MCM Group is absolutely delighted that Mega-City One's finest and his friends will be joining the biggest names in comics today at this May's MCM Expo London Comic Con.

For London MCM Expo tickets please visit: www.mcmexpogroup.com/store

To stay up-to-date with Expo news, follow us on www.twitter.com/mcmexpo and facebook.com/mcmexpo

http://comicbuzz.com/judge-dredd-to-lay-down-law

Bolt-01

Y'see, now I wish I was doing this gig instead of Bristol- the Eagles are announced here too.

Might have to look at the dates for next year and reassess my appearances.

Mangamax

The perspective on that chairs all wrong

COMMANDO FORCES

I was thinking of going on the Saturday with Sam, mainly for the comics village (or whatever they call it).

W. R. Logan

strontium71

...because I hate you.

Danbo

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

JUDGE BURNS

ITS ALWAYS   LONDON , LONDON, LONDON.   Bah ! >:(

Cant there be any up here in SCOTLAND !  London is too far to travel to ( and more expensive now ) .

I have never been to one of these comic events.  Are they any good?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 20 April, 2011, 09:49:40 PM
Is there going to be any Dredd film news at this expo?

They will be releasing the bottled scent of the air from the studio where it was shot.

Misanthrope

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 20 April, 2011, 10:52:37 PM
Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 20 April, 2011, 09:49:40 PM
Is there going to be any Dredd film news at this expo?

They will be releasing the bottled scent of the air from the studio where it was shot.

And a leather bound edition of the film discussion thread from this very site.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Molch-R

TordelBack

Teivion

I went two (?) years back with the Operation Chastity Guys for the unveiling of their warthog, which I built ;-)

Its a good con, with a huge young, enthusiastic audience there too- which is naturally refreshing and good to see for the industry as a whole.

James Stacey

Quote from: Teivion on 21 April, 2011, 08:23:30 AM
Its a good con, with a huge young, enthusiastic audience there too- which is naturally refreshing and good to see for the industry as a whole.

See I read that as a hoard of ADD kids running around dressed as Naturo.  :o

Kev Levell

Well, I've booked - so I guess I'm going!

Didn't like that you couldn't pay with paypal and get your ticket immediately, despite the fact that I do like physical tickets to things. Most of the conventions do entry with printed receipts now...  and something about that seems less wasteful, if ever-so-slightly cheapskate :-\