Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 007: No time to die  (Read 5364 times)

milstar

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
Re: 007: No time to die
« Reply #60 on: 08 October, 2021, 03:53:32 PM »

It's exactly what this film is about and what the last two were leading up to.  It might not be what you wanted but that's what it is.

No, it's about closure and a rather lame-written one. I don't know where you blokes found family, where Bond didn't even look for it.
In general terms, Bond due to his lifestyle and his job is incapable for that, in fact anything more than one-night stand. I am glad that the idea of him having a girlfriend is ditched after Dr. No. Craig's Bond, which is reboot of previous entries, is more about finding peace and betrayal than anything. When I saw yesterday him having fun with Madeline, I knew this wasn't going to last for very long. I think Bond knew that. One more thing against the film - incredible indifference at the news of being father.

Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

Richard

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • Beast Code WWW
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 09 October, 2021, 12:30:23 AM »
His job? In this film he's been retired for five years!

broodblik

• watkykjy?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 11 October, 2021, 11:27:18 AM »
I enjoyed this much more than the previous 3 Craig Bonds. But overall for me his Bond movies almost never felt like real Bond-movies.
Old age is the Lord’s way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death’s in case we didn’t take the hint.

The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp.

milstar

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

paddykafka

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 15 October, 2021, 11:35:44 AM »
As a Wag on Irish radio said, with a running time of 2 hours and 40 minutes, No Time To Pee might have been a more accurate title.  :)

Hawkmumbler

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • http://hawkmonger.deviantart.com/
« Reply #65 on: 15 October, 2021, 11:37:44 AM »
'Me chugging on a magnum bottle of Dr Pepper 5 hours into Satatangos 8 hour runtime'

Pffft, amateurs.

broodblik

• watkykjy?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 15 October, 2021, 12:22:04 PM »
As a Wag on Irish radio said, with a running time of 2 hours and 40 minutes, No Time To Pee might have been a more accurate title.  :)

Defuel before the start no filling up
Old age is the Lord’s way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death’s in case we didn’t take the hint.

The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp.

Richmond Clements

• Super Moderator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.futurequake.co.uk/fq/index.html
« Reply #67 on: 15 October, 2021, 12:29:45 PM »
Well I loved it. I was daunted by the stupidly long running time but it was a great movie. I',m not 100% on the ending but yeah, I'll watch it again.

paddykafka

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 15 October, 2021, 01:22:04 PM »

Defuel before the start no filling up

If I can't dance, then I don't want to be part of the revolution.  :D

Also, there are fewer pleasures greater in life than supping one's favourite tipple while at the cinema. (I just wish that my middle-aged bladder was still up to the task, lol.)