Main Menu

Pat Mills Joe Pineapples series

Started by broodblik, 03 September, 2021, 03:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

I just read this on Mills twitter feed:

Clint is currently completing the Joe Pineapples Tin Man story. It's 11 episodes. Simon Bisley did the first two and Clint the remainder. I've seen most of the art and some of the colour and it all looks excellent to me. Maybe out next year. 8 years in the making!!
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

That's going to be quite the art jolt.

The Monarch

all that time in the pipeline and he only managed two episodes?!?

CalHab

I'm not being funny, but what does Bisley do these days? His comic output has been negligible for a long time. Is he mostly doing commissions or working in a different sector like games?

AlexF

Are we going to get a recap to remember what was going on with Joe Pineapples 8 years ago? Not that I recall him having much int he way of character development since 'Khronikles of Khaos'. I guess there was that time he had an affair with the President of Mars's wife? Or was that a flashback?

Nevertheless, I'm genuinely excited to see this; that one episode of the Gothic Empire where Joe is undercover in a poker game was just SO GOOD, and the much-repeated sequences of Joe sniping people from ludicrous distances are always a joy to watch.

Link Prime

Quote from: CalHab on 20 September, 2021, 01:15:16 PM
I'm not being funny, but what does Bisley do these days?

Most recently working on Brooklyn Gladiator for Heavy Metal.
https://www.comixology.eu/Brooklyn-Gladiator-1/digital-comic/883957

I checked out after 2 issues, didn't grab me.

Quote from: AlexF on 21 September, 2021, 10:33:51 AM
that one episode of the Gothic Empire where Joe is undercover in a poker game was just SO GOOD

Indelibly inked into my mind for the past 35 or so years.

rogue69

I met Clint Langley today at LFCC today asked him about this and he recons that it should be finish in around 4 months as Pat Mills is still finalizing parts of the story

Richard

Might as well get Clint Langley to do the first two episodes as well.

Tomwe