Main Menu

Apologies to Mr MacNeil.

Started by Lampboy, 23 July, 2002, 08:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lampboy

I stoppped reading 2000ad regularly a long time ago but have recently started again via a mate who buys it. Unfortunetly he on his Hols at the moment, so for the first time in ages I've bought my own again, beginning with the summer assault.

I was easily worth it for the corking Colin MacNeil Dredd story, but reading it reminded me of an incident in 1997(?) at the last ever UKCAC (UK comic Art Convention) that I have never yet apologised for. er...let me explain.

I was (and kind of still am) an illustrator, who used to produce a small press comic called 'Magic Lamp Boy' and during the course of the 'con was trying to blag myself a stall to show off my stuff.

As it happened there was a stall put aside for a well known comic producer, but he didn't have any stuff to show, and was quite OK about me using the space.

In my exitement to show off my stuff, I kind of 'moved along' a couple of people who were using the space. As they turned around I recognised one of them as Mr MacNeil, signing a piece of artwork for a fan.

Oh bum. (major embarrasment)

If you're out there Mr MacNeil, please accept this much (5 years?) overdue apology.

cheers,

John Cooper