Main Menu

Prog 897-1208 for sale, London

Started by Arkady, 04 June, 2017, 10:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkady

Prog 897-1208 for sale (covering years 1994 to 2000), good to excellent condition.

Will accept reasonable offers from the good people of the forum before trying to offload them on eBay.

Includes prog 2000

Missing:

1138-9

I'd prefer to shift them as a job lot, but open to persuasion.

Arkady

What's the going rate for progs of this age anyway? EBay seems to indicate about a pound per prog?

matty_ae

Prog 1208 is rare due to water damage at the warehouse
Reaches from £8 - £20
All the rest 3 for a £1 / 50p
And in bulk really whatever someone is going to offer you.
But 1208 is a find.

sheridan

Quote from: Arkady on 14 September, 2017, 07:09:07 PM
What's the going rate for progs of this age anyway? EBay seems to indicate about a pound per prog?
Yep, that's what I've heard.  There's a thread around this forum somewhere going in to detail.  It'll be a little out-of-date with regards to the previous 'banned' progs from The Cursed Earth, but I doubt there's much movement in prices anywhere else.

matty_ae

I think even the price guide explains to expect much less if you sell in bulk.
I'm trying to lower your expectations that if you put all 300 progs on eBay, you're going to get £300 for them.
I think buyers would want a big discount.
There are examples if you look of people selling whole years for £25 - £40

I, Cosh

Quote from: matty_ae on 14 September, 2017, 09:06:09 PM
I think even the price guide explains to expect much less if you sell in bulk.
I'm trying to lower your expectations that if you put all 300 progs on eBay, you're going to get £300 for them.
I think buyers would want a big discount.
There are examples if you look of people selling whole years for £25 - £40
Yeah. For 300 Progs of that vintage I'd expect to pay £100 max.

However, if you're numbering is accurate, Prog 1208 used to go for £20 - £30 by itself because of the scarcity.
We never really die.

Tjm86

.... which ironically means that it tends to turn up quite frequently. 

CalHab

Quote from: Arkady on 14 September, 2017, 07:09:07 PM

My local comic shop sells them for 50p/prog. Maybe I should tell them.

matty_ae

50p is probably what they'll make selling them on eBay after listing fees, PayPal and of course paying tax as a business

8-)

Arkady

Well perhaps I'll keep 1208 back then! It has a bit of mottling from being on the top of the pile in the loft for 15 years, but otherwise top notch. I'm keeping a few of the very oldest, so maybe I'll keep this one too and see if it gains in value. Funny that this rare one was my last for so long.

When did they go back to the proper size prog after those skinny ones? I'd like to see a full breakdown of the history of the prog by page size and paper quality.