Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

What an amazing bit of news to have! Great to hear it :thumbsup:

Tombo

Thanks all, it's certainly the best Christmas present the family could have asked for and a major load off everyone's mind.

Theblazeuk

The Legendary Shark

It's always fantastic to get good news like that. Brilliant! I'm properly chuffed for you and your family.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

That is really terrific news Tombo. Best wishes to all.

Devons Daddy

Wow! That is outstanding

My piece. As I am the new boss I declared Boxing Day an office holiday to say thank you to the team!!!
Singapore does not recognize Boxing Day (damn savages!!)
So we closed 12.00 noon Wednesday and only return on Monday!!

Also placed a strict ban on email.....,

Allowing time to read the Christmas prog! Life is drokkin fantastic
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

The Legendary Shark

Parked up having my break atop Saddleworth Moor. The hills are all covered in pristine white snow and the sky is blue, sunny and cloudless. A beautiful day and a beautiful view, the kind of view that helps one see what a fantastic planet we inhabit.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Rog69

The Openreach engineer just left. Previously my connection speed was a flaky 2.7Mb on a good day and that was shared between four people across 15 different devices. One of my Daughter's first words was "Buffering".

It is now 56Mb  :o.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

It's all over.

No more 6 day weeks

No more 14 hour days

No more fuckkin' once a year drinkers

Normal Pub service is resumed. You'll notice a severe drop in my snark over the next month, I won't have to bottle it up to be poured all over the internet.

And the World's Strongest Man final is on.

Bliss
You may quote me on that.

The Legendary Shark

Glad to hear it - now, where's my bloody pint, ale-boy?
Heh, hope you enjoy your quiet time, KP - we all need some now and then.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 01 January, 2015, 09:11:13 PM
now, where's my bloody pint, ale-boy?

YillBeServedWhenIsesYillBeServedAnYillKeepYerMouthShutUntilIservesYe!

...sorry

Also, a bottle of Connemara and a DVD of Paul Dini/Bruce Timm's Justice League.

Like I said

Bliss
You may quote me on that.

CrazyFoxMachine

Went to see Vic & Bob accepting an Aardman slapstick award (designed to look like them as Morph and Chas!) at the Bristol Old Vic yesterday and it was a fun - if delightfully awkward - evening. The host was Marcus Brigstocke who, although not brilliantly funny, was clearly a delirious fan who had a bit to contend with. Not least that Vic and Bob are terrible interviewees - they've always been more concerned with making each other laugh than giving coherent thought-out responses to questions and so enquiries often went nowhere and led to giggles and disjointed silly anecdotes. That added to it all though - how deeply unpretentious and silly the two of them are is part of their charm.

A weird pre-show story is that Lady Geoffery and I were spying in the crowd for familiar faces (as it was part of the slapstick festival and comedians and the like were buzzing about - we stood next  to Barry Cryer at the theatre bar which was surreal) - I spotted who appeared to be Dr Graeme Garden slumped into a seat nearby and brought it to her attention. We concluded that the only possible way to know whether it was him or not was if he were joined by another Goodie and almost immediately Bill Oddie appeared and sat next to him :o

Anyway - things learnt:

• They are touring at the 'end of 2015' with a greatest hits style show that will comprise of Smell & Big Night Out stuff - how that'll actually work I don't know but I'll be there
  • House of Fools Series 2 is coming next month and promises to have 'twists and turns'
  • Hidden in the "Bang Bang" series' intro titles is Bob's anus. That's right, Bob's anus.
  • Vic earned £240 pounds only and nothing more from his three top-ten singles in 1991 - and is clearly still quite bitter about it.

As it was an awards evening they crow-barred in some odd pre-filmed messages from admirers including a deeply po-faced Charlie Higson, a hilariously in disguise Julia Davis, a grumpy Jack Dee (what else), a brilliant Ulri-ka-ka-ka and Danny Baker wearing the vinyl sleeve for "I Will Cure You" on his head...

They did a brief Q & A and without warning m'Geoffery whipped her hand up and asked her 'standard question' which was - "if you were a biscuit - what type of biscuit would you be and why?" and Vic without hesitation immediately stated he'd be a fig roll whilst Bob mused over what Coconut Ring biscuits are called (Coconut Rings usually). The icing on the biscuit being that Bill Oddie seemed to find it funny which I think she's planning to put on her CV.

Anyway - long long Thryllpost over (not even any pictures!!) and aren't I making it obvious now that I'm currently out of work? :S

Theblazeuk

As part of my recent work, I have to research Smell of Reeves and Mortimer to work out wtf is actually going on in the sketches as briefly described in their billings.

It's easily the best part of my job, I'd forgotten all about Barry White's love for a bit of copper pipe.

radiator

Boom! Tickets booked for the Game of Thrones event at the IMAX this Friday night!!!

Theblazeuk