Main Menu

ICE 2016 - OFFICIAL THREAD

Started by ICE COMICON, 03 April, 2016, 05:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ICE COMICON

Hi Folks

As I am sure you are already aware we have a huge selection of 2000ad and Megazine guest creators both past and present appearing at this years expo including:

John Wagner
Dave Gibbons
Simon Fraser
Robbie Morrison
Charlie Adlard
Dylan Teague
Phil Winslade

Plus many many more.

Happy to answer any questions about the event on here.

You can also find out more at:

htttp://www.internationlcomicexpo.wordpress.com

Hope you all have a superb time

all the best

Shane

ICE COMICON

And here it is the amazing ICE 2016 full events Saturday Schedule 2016. These events are FREE to all ticket holders...

ICE 2016  ROOM  1– Hosted by GEEK SYNDICATE

11.15 - To Hell and Back – Join Hellboy artist Duncan Fegredo and BPRD artist Lawrence Campbell as they talk about their experiences working within the famous Mignolaverse at Dark Horse Comics.

12.30 – Making Waves – Writers Joe Pruett & Marguerite Bennett tell us all about their latest projects from the new publisher shaking the American comics industry to its foundations... Aftershock Comics.

13.30 - I hope you drew enough for everyone  - A panel discussing the importance of  all ages comics and how they are an essential part of the medium, bringing in fresh readers and making comics accessible with The Beano's Lew Stringer, Heart of Time Creator Sarah Millman, 2000AD's Alec Worley and Doctor Who artist and writer team Rachael Stott and Robbie Morrison.

14.30 – Your hosts take a well earned 1 hour lunch break, so please welcome Humanoids' Tim Pilcher as he takes over with...

The European Invasion – We used to talk about the British Invasion of the USA market in the 80s and 90s but there are also a huge number of Mainland European artists now invading the pages of Marvel and DC comics. We talk to some of those invaders including guests Juan Albarran, Maria Laura Sanapo and Marco Santucci about the work they are doing for American publishers.

15.30 – The boys return with...

A Different Breed of Comic – Join Sean Phillips (Criminal,Sleeper,Fatale) Andy Diggle (Losers,Thief of Thieves) Corey Brotherson (Magic of Myths, Clockwork Watch), Jessica Martin (Elsie Harris Picture Palace, IT Girl) and Sonia Leong (Manga Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliet,Manga Life ) as they open your doors of perception to talk about different types of comics other than straight capes and tights our panellists will attempt to discuss  the infinite genres that the medium has to offer.
Autobiographies, horror, adventure, comedy, scifi, crime, romance... the sky is just the beginning!

16.30 - Geek Syndicate Live – AN EXCLUSIVE LIVE PODCAST FROM THE EXPO FEATURING:

The GS boys have a chat with the all star comics team Jordie Bellaire and Declan Shalvey. Find out about their work on the new Batman Series as well as a host of other projects this dynamic duo are working on.

Plus the final event of the day...  Charlie Adlard, Rachel Scott & Staz Johnson in the Great British sketch off!  On your marks, get set...SKETCH!

ICE 2016 – Room 2  Special Events

11.00 – Goldtiger: The Truth Behind The Legend –
Join renowned creators, comics historians, and erotic dancers Jimmy Broxton and Guy Adams as they present a fully illustrated seminar on their unearthing of Goldtiger, the sixties newspaper strip posterity forgot. Why was this seminal strip neglected for so many decades? What caused the Baskerville Newspaper group to pull the plug on such a prestigious project? Why was Malta the only country that embraced the strip? Did artist, Antonio Barreti actually kill his long-suffering scriptwriter Louis Schaeffer? How many pictures of naked ladies does Jimmy Broxton hold on his hard drive? Is there a limit to the number of cats Guy Adams can own? Is any of this remotely true? Do you care?
The discussion, and accompanying visual presentation will contain new art, new information and mature themes (most probably discussed in a vaguely immature way).

12.00 – The Big Reveal –

Join Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back Producer Gary Kurtz along with Richard Bazley (Iron Giant, Harry Potter), Paul Goodenough (How to Train Your Dragon) and comic creators Ben Oliver and Simon Furman as they reveal their new Comic and TV series The Chimeran in full, for the very first time, exclusively at ICE 2016!

Need we say more?

Followed by a short signing with the creators in the CBCS signing area.

13.00 – Offical European Book Launch: "Also Known As" –
Based on an original idea by Andrew Nicholaou, "Also Known As" is a science-fiction twist on a supernatural mainstay, a film and trans-media franchise currently in development by UK-based film producers BoxFly Pictures.

In addition to this BoxFly produced a 110 page graphic novel, adapted by the film's screenwriter Tony Lee with art by Christopher Jones, colours by Charlie Kirchoff and letters by Aditya Bidikar.
Join New York Times No. 1 best selling author Tony Lee and Boxfly's Haydn Pryce-Jenkins as they officially launch the new Graphic Novel ahead of it release at ICE 2016!

13.45 – Official Project Launch: "To The Death" –

Legendary MARVEL UK creative powerhouse team Simon Furman (Transformers) and Geoff Senior (Dragon's Claws) officially launch their brand new project, "To the Death," which is a stunning online comic sci fi action adventure. Find out all about the new project and take part in a Q&A with the creative team at this exclusive ICE 2016 event.

14.30 – The Men Who Fell To Earth –
Peter Hogan and Steve Park House interview with Dark Horse's Philip Simon

Since debuting in the rebooted Dark Horse Presents anthology in September 2011, Peter Hogan and Steve Parkhouse's Resident Alien series has spawned four miniseries runs and three collected editions—with more to come!
With Resident Alien: The Man With No Name #1 being released on September 14, join writer Peter Hogan and legendary artist Steve Parkhouse with Dark Horse series editor Philip R. Simon on the eve of a new series launch for a conversation about Peter and Steve's work with Dark Horse Comics!

15.15 – Peter Milligan Interview with Joel Meadows – The man behind Tripwire talks to acclaimed writer Peter Milligan, famous for his work on X-Force, Hellblazer, and a host of other Marvel and Vertigo books, about his most recent projects and what he has out this coming year.

16.00 – The CBCS Charity Auction – Hosted by the one and only Peter Doherty (2000ad)

The event fans and collectors have been waiting for all day!

Artists and writers from all over the world have kindly and generously been donating original artwork, sketches, signed books and other unique goodies for the past few months and we have steadily built up a veritable treasure trove of items.

All going under the hammer to raise money for our chosen charity Beanstalk, who help children with their literacy and reading in schools, a cause very close to our hearts her at ICE.
Come along and walk away with an original sketch cover from Jock or an original piece of art from Staz Johnson.
Or if signed books are more your thing, how about a signed SDCC Ltd Edition Walking Dead Hardback Compendium Edition from artist Charlie Adlard?

There are literally dozens of unique and rare items up for sale for this good cause.

Book your tickets now at: www.smallzone.co.uk

Large48

Silly question, is it open on Sunday as well like it used to be???
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

sheridan

Link doesn't work - what city / country is it in?

Bolt-01

Here is a link that works:

ICE-Birmingham 10/09/2016

And if anyone from the board is there, make sure you drop by, say Hi and pick up a copy of ZARJAZ!

pauljholden

Hey I'll be there, no tied to a table so I might just go around and say hello to people... (and then go to the pub...)

Though if anyone wants me to bring some art with me, you'd better say now!

-PJ

Bolt-01

PJ- if you find yourself in need of a space to sit and scribble- I will make space for you, no worries at all. It'll be grand to catch up.

Large48

So is it the Sat and Sunday?????????????????????????????????  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Steve Green

Wiggz

PJ -You free to sign something for me please?

pauljholden

Quote from: Wiggz on 03 September, 2016, 08:30:59 PM
PJ -You free to sign something for me please?

Sure!

I'm sure you'll see me on the day! (if not you'll find me in the pub!)

-pj

Wiggz

Hey PJ - cool - I'll find you  - see you there.