Main Menu

For Sale: Original 1980's Games Workshop Judge Dredd Boardgame

Started by Pete the Riff, 30 August, 2020, 11:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sheridan on 04 September, 2020, 01:01:09 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 04 September, 2020, 11:59:33 AM
That was kinda my issue - I didn't fancy sending my e-mail over to an unknown account. Sure Pete is lovely but with just two posts and the prospect of sending e-mail address and potentially 30 odd quid over I wanted to see what was on offer and how keen the fella was before making any decision. Have long been meaning to pick this up as loved it as a kid but want that fabled lovely edition for not silly money (see Block Mania).

Certainly didn't want to put anyones nose out but felt if someone new to the board wanted to sell something they'd be cool about posting few pictures. All I've done is course fuss alas for which I'm sorry!

Just did a search - there's one (with pictures) for £20 here.

Wow that's service! Thanks Sheridan. That one has counters not the little mini Dredd's I remember - am i misremembering(?) but in my head the original had little Dredd figurers for the counters. There another lovely one available for £40 with the minis and looks in good knick... tempting...

sheridan

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 04 September, 2020, 01:46:37 PM
That was kinda my issue - I didn't fancy sending my e-mail over to an unknown account. Sure Pete is lovely but with just two posts and the prospect of sending e-mail address and potentially 30 odd quid over I wanted to see what was on offer and how keen the fella was before making any decision. Have long been meaning to pick this up as loved it as a kid but want that fabled lovely edition for not silly money (see Block Mania).

Certainly didn't want to put anyones nose out but felt if someone new to the board wanted to sell something they'd be cool about posting few pictures. All I've done is course fuss alas for which I'm sorry!

Wow that's service! Thanks Sheridan. That one has counters not the little mini Dredd's I remember - am i misremembering(?) but in my head the original had little Dredd figurers for the counters. There another lovely one available for £40 with the minis and looks in good knick... tempting...

The original game had counters, a reprint had the minis (I got mine in the late eighties, around the time PJ Maybe was making elevating the fortunes of his family) and it had minis by that point.  The board itself was changed as well (not Ian Gibson's picture, but whether it folded up or slotted together like a jigsaw).

sheridan

p.s. of course - that's just the asking price on eBay - there's still six days left on it, and the other ones I saw were up to double the price.  Which is still around what new boardgames cost these days.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sheridan on 04 September, 2020, 01:58:55 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 04 September, 2020, 01:46:37 PM

The original game had counters, a reprint had the minis (I got mine in the late eighties, around the time PJ Maybe was making elevating the fortunes of his family) and it had minis by that point.  The board itself was changed as well (not Ian Gibson's picture, but whether it folded up or slotted together like a jigsaw).

Arh good history thank Sheridan. Its the reprint I want then as that's the one I played LOADS

Colin YNWA

I am so weak.

The copy Sheridan led me to, with the figures, looked in nice knick and in my head the excuse I'm using is its a way to get the boy child (and possible girl child but suspect she'll be resistant) into Dredd in the way me trying to get him to read the comics hasn't.

Pete the Riff

Okay, look everyone - i'm just having a house clear-out, and i'd like this (much loved) item to go to someone who will appreciate it. I don't do paypal, ebay, or any of the rest of them and the Imgur thing is just a pain in the ass. Here's the link to the listing on FB Marketplace, all the photos are posted there, contact me there if you are (genuinely) interested. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2805206893138241

Funt Solo

For some reason this entire thread reminds me of Black Books.

Best of luck with your sale.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++