Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Melatzoic vs. Slaine Rd 4 Heat 1

Started by Colin YNWA, 04 July, 2022, 06:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

metalzoic

having recently read the entire slaine saga as a cherry picked part of the ultimate collection, i have to say that - while the art is magnificent throughout - more than half the story is almost unreadable and genuinely tedious. this isn't a contest between best bits or high points, for me, but the whole - from episode 1 to episode end. and there are too many.

JayzusB.Christ

I loved Metalzoic, and wasn't a big fan of most post-Horned God Sláine stuff, but when it was good, it was very, very good.   Sláine.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

sheridan

Don't think I can choose between these two - It'd be simpler if Sláine had not come back after The Horned God (more about that in a bit), as Metalzoic is a perfectly-formed one-shot.  Meanwhile, Sláine had lots of good bits after THG, but they never felt part of the same story - after all the first episode of Sláine predicted that Mac Roth would become a battle smiter, high king, etc - and that story was all told by the time THG finished.  Everything after that was surplus to requirements (regardless of how good the art and sometimes even story was).  So I'm not going to vote but am happy for either to go through.

Blue Cactus

Colin YNWA

Metalzoic just hasn't quite had enough to offer real resistance to the Horned God and co. There is a day to go and who knows but there is a very clear leader here. Result (confirmed) tomorrow.

Rogue Judge

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well given the draw there is little surprise which thrill is the first into Round 5 (its come so quick!). Metalzoic give a good account of itself and deserves the plaudits it gets but in the end, divided opinions about which is the best stuff aside there was no stopping the behemoth that is

Slaine

that will be swinging his chopper in Round 5.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Slaine.

Anyone voting otherwise has operated on their own brian.
Lock up your spoons!

broodblik

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 07 July, 2022, 08:41:17 AM
Slaine.

Anyone voting otherwise has operated on their own brian.

Luckily I do not own a Brian :)
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Tjm86

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me