Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Mazeworld vs. Lawless Rd 4 Heat 4

Started by Colin YNWA, 05 July, 2022, 06:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abelardsnazz

Lots of fully deserved love for Lawless but Mazeworld just edges it for me.

Funt Solo

Mazeworld looks great, but has a very slight story.

Lawless gets my vote - for all sorts of things, but most especially for having so much love for itself (if that makes sense) that we got a real, honest to goodness comic musical in Badrock Melody.

I do sometimes find the cut-out-and-keep bowler-hatted minions a bit silly (I *think* that was starting to get to particularly silly levels of Wacky Races silliness in Long-Range War), and the art can sometimes etch its way into Where's Wally? territory, but these are nit-picks given the overall quality of both the story and its presentation.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Rogue Judge

Lawless! A top Abnett thrill, second only to Kingdom.

Colin YNWA

This one seems a little closer than other early ties in Round 4, but who can tell for sure... well me, tomorrow, when I count it up! I'll tell you then...

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

NapalmKev

Lawless is a strip that I wasn't initially keen on but it grew on me and I now look forward to reading it. It's very good and will probably win this round.

Mazeworld, on the other hand, is one of those rare 2000AD gems. The art and storytelling, for me at least, are top notch. I do think the final series is the weakest of the three but overall it's a great read.

So, yeah - Mazeworld it is then.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Its interesting to compare the results here with the other tie today. Mazeworld would have lost out to DR and Quinch (???) one imagines, but it might have been an interesting tie. Anyway Lawless doesn't do quite as well against Mazeworld as Dante did against DR and Quinch. So will we see in this round an indication at least of which thrills are the front runners and Lawless, justified darling of the Meg though it is may still be hampered by being in the Meg?

Lawless

Still defends the barricades in Round 5